The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

1 hour ago, Speedo said:

It was cool to talk to him, it was nice of him joining but I’m not sure anyone was necessarily star struck. 

I mean I yelled for like a minute after he left but after that night I was alright haha

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kibbles said:

Reddit is saying on marks stream he said they haven’t even started any new blink music. ??? This mean everything they did is scrapped? Hell didn’t Matt say it was done a while ago? lol….

o.o

Maybe he just means since he’s been sick they haven’t done anything new?

-edit just watched the clip and it doesn’t sound like he means this at all. Sounds like they haven’t started anything. Or that the old stuff they recorded won’t be an album but something else? Fuck knows at this point. 

1 minute ago, Speedo said:

Alternatively: A lot of time has passed and a lot of life has happened since they worked on shit and they just decided to start fresh.

That would be my guess. I don't remember Travis saying 60% of the album was finished, I haven't paid close attention lately I guess. But who knows, maybe Travis was planning to use a bunch of his new Tik Tok Pop Punk stars' songs for Blink at that point?

Mark, travis and matt have all said at one point that the album was basically done...

Wouldnt surprise me tho if they just scrapped it all and want to start fresh as im guessing all that material would of been stale with what has happened to mark

Hmm, this reeks of Feldmann.  Hope it's not the case.  Nothing would get me more optimistic again other than those 3 having to come up with their own stuff again, hopefully minimal Travis moves.

Cautiously optimistic I should say.  They still have this 'catchy tunes for the new age only + one edgy non funny moment but we think is funny for them' mindset but we will see.

You'd think they only have so much left and want to do something genuine? No? Too optimistic? 

Oh well.

1 Tom feature.  Just one.

17 minutes ago, .437 beats .40 said:

Hmm, this reeks of Feldmann.  Hope it's not the case.  Nothing would get me more optimistic again other than those 3 having to come up with their own stuff again, hopefully minimal Travis moves.

Cautiously optimistic I should say.  They still have this 'catchy tunes for the new age only + one edgy non funny moment but we think is funny for them' mindset but we will see.

You'd think they only have so much left and want to do something genuine? No? Too optimistic? 

Oh well.

1 Tom feature.  Just one.

this is structured like a CC post.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I've heard interviews from Mark before about how blink has a lot of recorded songs that won't ever see the light of day if they're not released after a certain amount of time. He tends to release stuff not long after he's finished working on it really. I do believe blink were recording music at the time, then obviously shit happened and when enough time had passed, he just felt the songs weren't relevant to him anymore

• Like 1