The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

4 hours ago, Ghent said:

They're definitely due for some kind of live release or documentary type release. That would appeal to the mainstream fan more than 20+ year old songs that didn't make the cut back in their day. Sucks for us fanboys, but that's just how it is.

I would rather get a documentary than demos or old songs that didn’t make the cut for an album. Over a decade later and I’m still sad we didn’t get the blinkumentary. They should just release that now lol

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ghent said:

They're definitely due for some kind of live release or documentary type release. That would appeal to the mainstream fan more than California... documentaries about monsters and Ava's doings. Sucks for us fanboys, but that's just how it is.

I'm sure AFI have released new albums with demos/B-sides of previous albums at the end of these new albums. So they definitely can release songs that never made the cut from previous albums. Although it'd be weird hearing a 10-12 song album with Skiba then all of a sudden a couple of tracks featuring Tom from the 01-04 era.

I'm not sure if the rights to these older songs are a thing too. I don't know how copyright works too well but blink's older stuff including unreleased material might still be owned by the record labels from the time. Like I said, I dunno how all that works

I don't see blink ever doing it though, simply because Mark has never ever been interested in releasing that kinda stuff.

1 hour ago, Elisa said:

All we want is a 25th anniversary deluxe edition of Dude Ranch with those demos that we know of, but it's never going to happen. 

he just digitized his cassette dub the other day. but he wants to talk to scott and tom before releasing anything. i agree that it's doubtful.

...but at least now it's in logic in stereo at 48k

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NeverOliver said:

You just love Amy Schumer is all 

Dude, no.  Has not made me laugh ever but she was decent on that show.  I like that she grew up next to the taking back Sunday bassist and surprised him. Just watched that one actually.

Didn't realize TBS got started kind of with blink taking them on tour.

There's better female comedians though.

On 3/22/2022 at 8:30 AM, Ghent said:

A blink b-sides/demos release would be awesome, but let's be real.. the audience for something like that is extremely small. I can see why they wouldn't want to mess with it.

Rivera cuomo released thousands of demos in November of 2020. Hundreds of fully recorded demo tracks, variations of different songs, iPhone voice memos. You could buy essentially everything he ever recorded for a specific album for 9.99 each. It’s a niche audience sure, but weezer got the most hype from hardcore fans in the ten years I’ve followed fan sentiment of the band and then they releases two new albums in 2021. A demo dump like that is a wet dream for hardcore fans

• Like 1
  • Love 1

38 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Rivera cuomo released thousands of demos in November of 2020. Hundreds of fully recorded demo tracks, variations of different songs, iPhone voice memos. You could buy essentially everything he ever recorded for a specific album for 9.99 each. It’s a niche audience sure, but weezer got the most hype from hardcore fans in the ten years I’ve followed fan sentiment of the band and then they releases two new albums in 2021. A demo dump like that is a wet dream for hardcore fans

Multiple bands I know have done similar things. Maybe not quite to the same extent as Rivers but it’s always something I appreciate! Hell even AVA released an album of demos a few years back.

• Like 1

this was shared in a public channel on the discord, so i feel okay sharing it here. thank you @ourcorefor typing it all up:

Okay, here are the tracklists and notes on recent discoveries thanks to the early tapes that Mark has been pulling out of storage and listening to:

Poway High Demo (1993, likely recorded before Flyswatter)

1. Reebok Commercial

2. Red Skies

3. Point Of View

4. Hope (Descendents Cover) [Tom]

5. Hope (Descendents Cover) (Second Version) [Tom]

6. Time

7. Alone

8. The Whale Song (Unreleased)

9. Better Days

10. Freak Scene (Dinosaur Jr. Cover) [Mark]

21 Days Demo (July 1993, previously known as "Demo #2")

1. Marlboro Man

2. Time

3. T.V.

4. Degenerate

5. Nipples Of Fury

6. Better Days

7. Sometimes

8. Romeo And Rebecca

9. Point Of View

10. My Pet Sally

11. Reebok Commercial

12. Lunch

Short Bus Sessions (Doubletime Studios with Jeff Forrest, ~June 1994, tape labelled as “Cheshire Cat Mid-recording”)

1. Ben Wah Balls

2. Does My Breath Smell? – Released on Short Bus and Buddha promo tape

3. Wasting Time – Released on Short Bus and Buddha promo tape

4. Voyeur (First Version)

5. Don’t

Dude Ranch Demo (With Warren Fitzgerald, 1996)

1. Boring

2. Emo

3. Apple Shampoo

4. I’m Sorry

5. Dammit Dammit Sonofabitch

6. (Unreleased track) (Parts used for Dumpweed)

7. Josie (Released on Taylor Steele’s “Drifting” surf video)

8. Voyeur (Second Version)

9. Untitled

Dude Ranch Sessions (Big Fish Studios with Mark Trombino, likely from before winter break, tape labelled as "Dude Ranch Mid-recording")

There are three unreleased songs, one from the Cheshire Cat Westbeach sessions, the Dude Ranch demo with Warren Fitzgerald, and the Dude Ranch sessions with Mark Trombino. 

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Wow 2

updates, again thanks to @ourcorefor the write up:

Enema of the State Sessions (With Jerry Finn, 1999, tape labelled as “Roughs 2-10-99”, no vocals)

1. Fuck A Dog (Banter)

2. Dysentery Gary

3. Life’s So Boring

4. Man Overboard

5. The Party Song(?)

6. Wendy Clear

7. What’s My Age Again?

8. Adam’s Song

9. Family Reunion (Acoustic)

Enema of the State Sessions (1999, tape labelled as “Roughs 2-22”)

1. Aliens Exist (Petey Bass)

2. All The Small Things (No Keys/Harmonies in Verses, Petey Bass)

3. Dysentery Gary (Petey Bass)

4. Don’t Leave Me

5. Mutt (No Background Vocals)

6. Wendy Clear (No Keys)

7. Dumpweed

8. Adam’s Song

• Like 2
  • Love 1