The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

28 minutes ago, kibbles said:

Funny, I was at the Milwaukee show a few days after that and he all acting like everyone should be kind to each other etc etc and then does stupid shit like that.

I’m seeing him Friday in Kansas City, how was the show?

3 hours ago, Speedo said:

I’d prefer Tom but I’m okay with Skiba. I wish they’d create an album organically with Skiba. I still want to hear what the band would sound like when left to their own devices. It is what it is though, new music is better than no music.

Hey maybe that’s why they scrapped all that previously recorded stuff before Marks diagnosis? After Mark’s experience with cancer he realised the songs didn’t represent him and wanted to go in and write an album organically with Matt and Travis based on his recent experience.

Easily just as likely as, possibly even more so, of a scenario than them putting the “final nail in the coffin” of this era of the band.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Hey maybe that’s why they scrapped all that previously recorded stuff before Marks diagnosis? After Mark’s experience with cancer he realised the songs didn’t represent him and wanted to go in and write an album organically with Matt and Travis based on his recent experience.

Easily just as likely as, possibly even more so, of a scenario than them putting the “final nail in the coffin” of this era of the band.

Maybe. You can’t rule it out. You’re right, it’s just as likely a guess as any other.

14 hours ago, Speedo said:

I’d rather just have new music, personally. I don’t really have any interest in seeing them live anymore, I’m not big on shows in stadiums these days, especially with the price tag that comes along with them.

I’m the opposite. I could give two farts in the wind about new music, especially with Skiba. I want to see them live and have a good time reminiscing. Bring on the TOYPAJ anniversary tour!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Strings_anus said:

I love untitled and think they were certainly still in their 'prime' on boxcar/+44/self-titled no question, it just was a different era as a blink fan if not it's own entirely from Enema/Toypaj blink.  Boxcar kind of fusing Toypaj to Untitled.

Also, who cares.  Point is, no one regards this current iteration of blink with Skiba as any point prior and it's own thing.  California/Deluxe/Nine all feel very much the same to me though as much as Boxcar/+44/Self Titled era did not sure about anyone else (obviously way more shitty though)

I was just busting your chops. I can agree untitled is still prime blink, but I was referring to an old argument where I got mad you called untitled blink vintage blink lol

11 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

I’m the opposite. I could give two farts in the wind about new music, especially with Skiba. I want to see them live and have a good time reminiscing. Bring on the TOYPAJ anniversary tour!

If I wanna hear shitty renditions of great songs I’ll play them myself. I ain’t throwing down a couple hundred to listen to Mark whisper his way through the same handful of songs he’s been doing since 2005. The options for guitar are Skiba who I’d rather see with AK3 or Tom who isn’t really good out of studio. Travis is always on point though, I’ll give his weird ass that. Also, people are gross and I kind of just don’t want anyone to touch me.  

19 minutes ago, Speedo said:

If I wanna hear shitty renditions of great songs I’ll play them myself. I ain’t throwing down a couple hundred to listen to Mark whisper his way through the same handful of songs he’s been doing since 2005. The options for guitar are Skiba who I’d rather see with AK3 or Tom who isn’t really good out of studio. Travis is always on point though, I’ll give his weird ass that. Also, people are gross and I kind of just don’t want anyone to touch me.  

You have some fair points and I’d never try to convince you to go. I’m glad I got to see blink in their prime for sure. But if you get drunk enough, they still sound good and you can sing along. Seeing Travis is worth the ticket in my opinion to be honest, dudes just fun as fuck to watch play

28 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

You have some fair points and I’d never try to convince you to go. I’m glad I got to see blink in their prime for sure. But if you get drunk enough, they still sound good and you can sing along. Seeing Travis is worth the ticket in my opinion to be honest, dudes just fun as fuck to watch play

I am painfully sober these days, my enjoyment of live shows died with the drinking unfortunately. To each their own though, enjoy yourself and have fun. I’m mostly just a grumpy asshole, I definitely don’t expect anyone to follow my opinion on anything.

3 hours ago, Speedo said:

I am painfully sober these days, my enjoyment of live shows died with the drinking unfortunately. To each their own though, enjoy yourself and have fun. I’m mostly just a grumpy asshole, I definitely don’t expect anyone to follow my opinion on anything.

I think that’s awesome though. It’s not easy to do that. And I can’t imagine I’d have any fun at a blink show these days if I didn’t have some drinks lol , I’d probably hate it 

3 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I've been a little disconnected from blink news lately, and since I'm too lazy to search back through this thread for answers I'll just ask: is Travis alright?

Travis is okay. Was in hospital but seems to be out and okay now!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Good to hear, thank you! The blink guys have had so many health scares. I'm glad they're all still with us.

For sure. I don’t get soft for celebrity deaths but assuming I’m alive to see these guys pass away, im Gonna cry for each one 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

So our good pals at blink italia are saying there is a rumor blink is going to play Lollapalooza in South America in 2023 as a 4-piece.

Sounds far-fetched to me personally....but interesting.

Very bored are they

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

So our good pals at blink italia are saying there is a rumor blink is going to play Lollapalooza in South America in 2023 as a 4-piece.

Sounds far-fetched to me personally....but interesting.

I sure hope it's true, but they are presenting it as a rumor, but thanking their sources as if it's a fact?

Italia is a joke account so I don't want to get too invested either way....yet

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

I sure hope it's true, but they are presenting it as a rumor, but thanking their sources as if it's a fact?

would be an insane way to play South America for the first time ever lol.

• Like 4

On 7/5/2022 at 2:13 PM, scoobs said:

I’m seeing him Friday in Kansas City, how was the show?

I really liked it. Granted me and my buddy pregamed and were drinking mad during the whole show. Avril was awesome and MGK put on a great show. I don’t like his new album as much so was worried but I had a great time. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Wonder if mark filled in Davey Jones about this 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1