The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

1 hour ago, scoobs said:

Random question but does anyone else have a blink lyric that’s forever stuck in your head, and you randomly sing or hum it as you go about your day?

Lets get started the faint and broken hearted…. WHY IS THIS THE SONG I CHOSE 

I talk to you every now and then, I never felt so alone again

*proceed to sing the riff*

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 7/18/2022 at 6:09 PM, boxelder said:

very off-topic, but this person is using an AI tool in deezer to separate vocals/instruments in blink songs, and unlike the usual tools for that sort of thing, it works surprisingly well. these instrumental versions are perhaps the clearest iterations of these songs i've ever heard outside of the available stems. here's a very cool one:

Anyone else hear this specific instrumental and get taken back to the urethra chronicles???

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, m0z182 said:

Anyone else hear this specific instrumental and get taken back to the urethra chronicles???

I barely remember UC 1 or 2, it’s probably been close to 20 years since I’ve seen either of them. I don’t even know what happened to my dvds.

18 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Every year or so I’ll pick a Friday arvo, grab some beers and just watch both UC videos and riding in vans with boys. Always fun.

I get that “arvo” is afternoon but I don’t understand how you get arvo from afternoon. Do you know the origin?

36 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I get that “arvo” is afternoon but I don’t understand how you get arvo from afternoon. Do you know the origin?

No idea tbh. Probably some sort of Hodor type situation where some bloke kept slurring/shortening the word afternoon until it just sounded like arvo and stuck. There might be a real reason I don’t know.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ixidor said:

Tom's not in the band but somehow he's halfway in, as an owner, blah blah blah. Matt has no idea where he fits.
What's with blink? Get it together, boys.

Is Tom still owner though? I thought he sold all his rights or whatever. I could be wrong, I forget