The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

4 minutes ago, Ghent said:

If Tom was really meeting up with Mark and Travis, surely that would have leaked by now though right?

So that means it's another frankenstein album? Only thing that would concern me

It will only ever be a Frankenstein album ever again. That’s why it’s not actually that exciting in any circumstance. They’ll never record in a room together with the excitement and friendship they once had. If anything, we’d get a half-ass type album like Neighborhoods, but cheesy in the vein of California, is my guess. And Tom will always sound like a dying whale live. I’m just glad I got to be apart of it in their glory days. I’m sorry folks but blink is just a nostalgia act :( 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

We all know Mark Matt and Travis recorded California at the same studio. Nine too, but studio changed. They weren't all together at the same time, every time (obviously), but they were in the same studio, with the same people, working on songs.

I'm sure you're just trying to turn this into the dumb songwriter/Feldmann discussion though. Jesus man, move on

• Like 4

If I recall correctly, I remember Mark saying they would never record separately , or he at least had huge gripes about Tom wanting to do it separately before they initially broke up. Then he basically just obliged so Tom would participate at all. I’m sure Mark would love to be in studio with Tom, but Tom’s a dickhead so we won’t do it. I wouldn’t be surprised if we have Ilan Rubin playing guitar on the next blink record if you get what I’m saying. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

you're literally the one who brought it up by rehashing your "frankenstein album" argument but okay 

Yes I would prefer not to have another Neighborhoods album where Tom works sparingly on random shit and sends it to Mark and Travis to salvage. The best songs on Neighborhoods are the ones where they got together to work on.

• Like 1

then you should check out now because that's what we're gonna get. i predict we'll have an answer by the end of the summer.

i think the future of blink is a far less active band with tom back in the mix and no skiba. we'll get an album with a supporting tour every 3-4 years just like the majority of other bands their age. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Johnny Fappleseed said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if we have Ilan Rubin playing guitar on the next blink record if you get what I’m saying. 

I got downvoted to hell on the blink subreddit for saying this lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

then you should check out now because that's what we're gonna get. i predict we'll have an answer by the end of the summer.

i think the future of blink is a far less active band with tom back in the mix and no skiba. we'll get an album with a supporting tour every 3-4 years just like the majority of other bands their age. 

Ok? Sounds good to me. But please meet up as much as possible when working on the album.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Ok? Sounds good to me. But please meet up as much as possible when working on the album.

I don’t see the issue either. Blink acting like a normal band? Sure. Hell, I don’t even need a tour, just make music and I’m happy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I don’t see the issue either. Blink acting like a normal band? Sure. Hell, I don’t even need a tour, just make music and I’m happy.

it's not an issue to a normal person but it's an issue for those who want an album and tour cycle every other year like it's 2002. that was a huge part of why they parted with tom after the reunion. he wasn't willing to do that and the band would have been less active. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

it's not an issue to a normal person but it's an issue for those who want an album and tour cycle every other year like it's 2002. that was a huge part of why they parted with tom after the reunion. he wasn't willing to do that and the band would have been less active. 

People need to learn that their particular opinion on anything and everything doesn’t matter and they are not important.

3 minutes ago, NeverOliver said:

Who besides South Americans could possibly prefer seeing them live vs a new album? People haven't seen the same damn show enough times already?

It’s still a fun time to go there, I mean they still were playing big venues so obv people wanna come see them. But yea, they need to adjust the damn set list, I agree with you there. It could be a lot better 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Johnny Fappleseed said:

You keep saying that. People want to see them perform. Who cares what Speedo wants 

Hence me saying “I don’t even need a tour”, not “they shouldn’t tour”.