The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

18 minutes ago, NotNow said:

It’s a top 2 blink album

Sometimes, I ask myself this, because I play it more than any other.  I'll play Self Titled all the way through, but then be done with it. I can replay Dude Ranch and Neighborhood songs at any time. It's weird. I don't consider it a better album than DR-Self Titled, but what exactly constitutes a album being great anyways?

7 minutes ago, kibbles said:

Hitting people mag "These guys have a long history and a long friendship and are always posting random throwbacks, but they're full of surprises," a source tells PEOPLE.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/people.com/music/tom-delonge-hints-possible-return-blink-182-throwback-photo/%3Famp%3Dtrue

Keeps gaining traction at bigger outlets 

And you give this any credence why? The article says Tom posted a picture of the original lineup from when they formed in 1992, but it’s a picture of Mark, Tom, and Travis. Lol 

15 minutes ago, Johnny Fappleseed said:

And you give this any credence why? The article says Tom posted a picture of the original lineup from when they formed in 1992, but it’s a picture of Mark, Tom, and Travis. Lol 

I'm not saying anything about the writer's knowledge. But their credited "sources" are usually really reliable, staged publicist comments, etc. Like TMZ exclusives probably the only other gossip rag that's more reliable.  Of course, saying "but they're full of surprises" means nothing, but all part of the staged hype machine. Point was that bigger outlets are reporting on it, sources will eventually get to the bottom of it

24 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

I need your full rankings list now please.

Untitled, neighborhoods, enema, dude ranch, toypaj, Cheshire Cat.

This bands key demo is 16 year old boys. I was 16 when neighborhoods came out so it checks out. Untitled is my favorite album ever made and it’s a giant gap between untitled to neighborhoods. I basically love everything mark and Tom did from 2003-2012 and now like not love what came before and after (except enema).

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, kibbles said:

I'm not saying anything about the writer's knowledge. But their credited "sources" are usually really reliable, staged publicist comments, etc. Like TMZ exclusives probably the only other gossip rag that's more reliable.  Of course, saying "but they're full of surprises" means nothing, but all part of the staged hype machine. Point was that bigger outlets are reporting on it, sources will eventually get to the bottom of it

This article literally had nothing of substance. “Tom posted a picture.” Mark already addressed that there is no news and made fun of the fact people speculated because of them posting pictures from decades ago. Give it up. 

Just cus Diddy mentioned Metallica - I'm gonna throw this in here too, as it's related to blink :

IDK if this goes here but...watching Some Kind of Monster on my night shift. My God, these egotistical babies make blink look like harmonious gents. This James Hetfield guy or whatever, fuckkkk - energy vampire in a room. Untitled Documentary wipes the flooooor with this shit. So much more fun to be around. Reaffirms why blink will always have my heart

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Well the guy that claims to know a writer at kerrang says it’s still coming very soon lol. What is hype may never die

Yea it will never die. It’s been going on ever since Tom first ever posted a pic or mention of blink when he was out of the band. Lol 

4 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

Just cus Diddy mentioned Metallica - I'm gonna throw this in here too, as it's related to blink :

IDK if this goes here but...watching Some Kind of Monster on my night shift. My God, these egotistical babies make blink look like harmonious gents. This James Hetfield guy or whatever, fuckkkk - energy vampire in a room. Untitled Documentary wipes the flooooor with this shit. So much more fun to be around. Reaffirms why blink will always have my heart

Yea I’m not a big Metallica fan but I don’t hate on them…that being said they were and are on a whole other level than blink ever was. And they managed to all stay together so they did something right. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Johnny Fappleseed said:

Yea it will never die. It’s been going on ever since Tom first ever posted a pic or mention of blink when he was out of the band. Lol 

Their theory was that the radio tease set pr back, but it’s still coming this week according to their contact haha

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Untitled, neighborhoods, enema, dude ranch, toypaj, Cheshire Cat.

This bands key demo is 16 year old boys. I was 16 when neighborhoods came out so it checks out. Untitled is my favorite album ever made and it’s a giant gap between untitled to neighborhoods. I basically love everything mark and Tom did from 2003-2012 and now like not love what came before and after (except enema).

Yeah that’s fair. Wasn’t having a dig just curious. You left out toypaj completely was that intentional? 

I don’t have a 16 year old album. I was 12 with in 2003 when untitled came out and then 20 when neighbourhoods and my top 3 would be untitled/enema(interchangeable) and then Cheshire.

22 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Yeah that’s fair. Wasn’t having a dig just curious. You left out toypaj completely was that intentional? 

I don’t have a 16 year old album. I was 12 with in 2003 when untitled came out and then 20 when neighbourhoods and my top 3 would be untitled/enema(interchangeable) and then Cheshire.

He included TOYPAJ, between Dude Ranch and Cheshire Cat. Time to go to bed? Lol. And damn y’all are young!

On 8/1/2022 at 7:56 PM, _Bagel said:

The thing is with that Documentary in Particular is that it captured Metallica at a low Point from 2001-2003 as they were seemingly on the verge of Breaking-up. The movie shows them trying to get through this period on top of trying to make an album. If you want something like the Untitled Documentary from Metallica, I recommend watching A Year and a Half in the Life of Metallica; it shows them Making the Black Album from 1991. They also have Videos of the Making of their 2 Recent albums, Death Magnetic And Hardwired... To Self-Destruct. Mostly Good Vibes in those, at least compared to Some Kind of Monster.

• Like 2