The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

5 hours ago, _Bagel said:

I swear Satanism is misunderstood - most Satanists are atheists. The founder, LaVey, was as well. 'The religion is materialist, rejecting the existence of supernatural beings, body-soul dualism, and life after death. Practitioners do not believe that Satan literally exists and do not worship him.' I pulled that from wiki but skimmed over the Satanist Bible way back when. It's more just about individualism and rallying against the dominance of Abrahamic religions.

I mean I totally get this. But I think the aesthetic is lame, especially in a band formed on dick jokes. Not that big of a deal though. I'll take it over peddling financial scams and poet adams any day

• Like 1

Feeling Satanic - 9.8/10

Obvious-ly Satanists - 8.2/10

I Miss Satan - 8.8/10

Violence - 9.7/10

Stockholm Syndrome - 10/10

Down - 7.2/10

Go, to Hell - 8.8/10

Asthenia, Satan - 9.7/10

Always, Kill - 9.4/10

Easy Target Crucifix - 8.8/10

All Of This Hell - 8.7/10

Here's Your Bible - 9.8/10

I'm Lost Without Satan - 7/10

Not Now, Jesus - 9/10

Goat Album

• Wow 1

30 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

I think I Miss You-cifer would’ve been better. The Asthenia one sucks too but what chance did you have? 

9/10. Nice work.

Just a reminder that Jan doesn’t know what Asthenia is. 

53 minutes ago, Funko Pop Salesman_182 said:

Feeling Satanic - 9.8/10

Obvious-ly Satanists - 8.2/10

I Miss Satan - 8.8/10

Violence - 9.7/10

Stockholm Syndrome - 10/10

Down - 7.2/10

Go, to Hell - 8.8/10

Asthenia, Satan - 9.7/10

Always, Kill - 9.4/10

Easy Target Crucifix - 8.8/10

All Of This Hell - 8.7/10

Here's Your Bible - 9.8/10

I'm Lost Without Satan - 7/10

Not Now, Jesus - 9/10

Goat Album

Where's The Fall to Hell-erlude?

(I tried, that's a tough one to work with lol)

• Like 2

On 7/17/2022 at 8:13 AM, Johnny Fappleseed said:

It’s almost like one of their main song writers is gone lol

I know this was ages ago, but we were talking about Green Day, and I said they feel like a hollow shell of themselves no longer able to write great music and this was your response. I'm confused, what songwriter did Green Day lose? Did they lose a Feldmann kind of behind the scenes writer? I always assumed it was just Billie, Mike and Tres writing their own music. 

So I did a relisten of Nine like you all and I’ve got say I really don’t like it and there was one moment that really summed up why…..

At the end of IRWIHY, Matt singing ‘won’t you say something’ sounds really natural and it’s cut with Mark’s ridiculously robotic ‘I really wish I hated you’. 

We need more natural Matt and less robotic Mark

• Like 2

On 8/4/2022 at 4:40 PM, Cheerios4u98 said:

Do we know anything about new Alk3? It seems with blink doing seemingly nothing (or at least Matt doing nothing with blink) that would make lots of time to focus on Alkaline Trio. I loved the last EP and I want more.

their plan is going into the studio to record the new album in January according to Derek (he said this to a fan at a show last week)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Russel Coight said:

I think I Miss You-cifer would’ve been better. The Asthenia one sucks too but what chance did you have? 

9/10. Nice work.

Didn't put much effort into that and gave up on Asthenia, thought that was obvious, but the fact I got a 9/10 from your grumpy ass is the greatest compliment I've received on here. 

Thx!

18 minutes ago, Rickay said:

So I did a relisten of Nine like you all and I’ve got say I really don’t like it and there was one moment that really summed up why…..

At the end of IRWIHY, Matt singing ‘won’t you say something’ sounds really natural and it’s cut with Mark’s ridiculously robotic ‘I really wish I hated you’. 

We need more natural Matt and less robotic Mark

Robotic Mark is a good way of putting it. Couldn't quite put my finger on, it's not just the autotune, it's the melodyne or whatever makes him sound legit like a robot sometimes on Cali-Nine.

I get it's probably because he's older and needs more production on his voice, but some moments he sounds so good I don't get why. Like First Time, Cynical, Misery bridge, some features he's on.  Whenever they make him sound like a robot I check out. I get Mark is autotuned often or whatever since Enema, but they take it so far on Nine it's ridiculous sometimes.

Whenever they make Matt scream, I also check out.

1 hour ago, M!ke said:

I know this was ages ago, but we were talking about Green Day, and I said they feel like a hollow shell of themselves no longer able to write great music and this was your response. I'm confused, what songwriter did Green Day lose? Did they lose a Feldmann kind of behind the scenes writer? I always assumed it was just Billie, Mike and Tres writing their own music. 

My comment was about blink