The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

2 hours ago, NotNow said:

I believe Jason tate always. Though if mark confidently is saying recording this year with Davey they’re clearly more advanced in their inner circle to either Tom being back or not and just knowing what they’re doing and just being more tight lipped with who knows what. Could be they’re recording with Matt but have discussed a tour with Tom or their recording with Tom, but I’m sure the bands inner circle has a little more certainty in what they hope to plan to achieve and won’t book anything to let the cat out of the bag until the last minute.

Well, Mark could just be writing/demo recording songs on his bill for now and that’s what he’s actually referring to recording wise. Maybe it is as up in the air as it seems.

This band communicates so poorly to its fan base. I appreciate Mark’s messages on dischord but that was days after the rumours began to spiral - it’s like breaking the fire extinguisher out after the whole house is on fire.

You can see pretty much a direct comparable with RHCP where they announced John’s return pretty quickly at the beginning of recording and then delivered a double album years after. Funnily enough, Josh also got booted without much communication similarly to the scenario with Matt. 

I don’t get the shroud of secrecy unless it’s legal issues but, even then, why not work those out before you have Tom put Blink in his bio, and at least talk to Matt about the situation? It’s weird and seems just seems out of laziness. 

• Wow 1

51 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

who is jason tate?

Used to own and run absolute punk and now I believe still runs chorus.fm , absolutepunk used to be huge online for pop-punk related news, had forums too

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Kay said:

Used to own and run absolute punk and now I believe still runs chorus.fm , absolutepunk used to be huge online for pop-punk related news, had forums too

i used to buy all my CDs at absolutepunk in the early 2000s. totally remember them.

28 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

What do you mean scammers? I thought they were just a normal online store?

https://m.facebook.com/interpunk.store/

read any of the comments on their posts here. I ordered a trio record off of them and it took over 12 months to eventually get here. Completely ignored emails. Shipping status changed 100 time. Can’t even remember what I eventually said to get it but it was fucked. Seems like it’s ongoing for a lot of people.

8 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

https://m.facebook.com/interpunk.store/

read any of the comments on their posts here. I ordered a trio record off of them and it took over 12 months to eventually get here. Completely ignored emails. Shipping status changed 100 time. Can’t even remember what I eventually said to get it but it was fucked. Seems like it’s ongoing for a lot of people.

Damn that's a bummer.  I spent so much money there over the years, reading the "top 100 bands" list was how I discovered new music at the time.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2022 at 11:11 PM, Ghent said:

We sure we want wacky Tom back in instead of strange, but mentally stable Skiba? Something to think about honestly. Tom could set the band on a course of total BS again for years. Would it be better to let Skiba continue growing in the band?

I’m not sure what my opinion is yet but it’s worth talking about for sure. Skiba is a loyal, productive member. We may be taking for granted a pretty good thing.

Yeah it's an interesting point. My view on it though is that Skiba is just a purely neutral force in the band, he doesn't detract from them the way Tom's insanity has over the years, but he doesn't add anything either. He made his debut with the band 7 years ago(!) but still feels like a studio/touring gun for hire.

IF he was truly "growing in the band" and Nu Blink was this organic thing that was gradually melding Mark+Travis+Skiba, I'd be more intrigued by where else they could go. I think Skiba was deferential and humble to a fault, which is understandable, but he's always seemed like he's just a guy doing a favor for some music biz acquaintances rather than actually being a true member of the band with thoughts and feelings and passion for what they're doing. It feels like it's run its course.

• Like 3

I’ve enjoyed the Skiba era of the band but would prefer a solid Tom album every 5 years or so. I’m hoping for an album like the best songs of Neighborhoods (without the solo written stuff) and DED combined. Might be overly optimistic but that would be the best outcome of current Blink IMO.