The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

28 minutes ago, Funko Pop Sales said:

The thing is, most his fans know it's not real as you're deluding.  Much like Lil Wayne playing guitar for his rock saga.  Most people know it's purely entertainment and they do not care.

I’m pretty sure most of them actually do not realize this. But the ones that are forced to look and hear about it shamelessly try and act like it doesn’t matter or that “everyone else does it” lol 

28 minutes ago, Johnny Fappleseed said:

Nice man, I hope that helps you out in your journey we call life. I don’t know shit about these medicines, I was never on an anti-depressant in my life until this past fall when life was just too much for me. My doctor put me on Effexor but I only took it for a month or two then stopped. I haven’t been on anything since February, so I still have a full bottle of the shit. I just didn’t like some side effects and I’m trying to just do this thing called life without if I can, but I dunno. Sometimes I think I should go back on. 

I went off of anti depressants cold turkey because of the side effects a few years back and it took me a long time to go back on them but I am glad I did. There’s so many different types that affect everyone differently so if you consider going back on them and the side effects fuck ya I’d just talk to your doctor about trying a different medication.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Fappleseed said:

I’m pretty sure most of them actually do not realize this. But the ones that are forced to look and hear about it shamelessly try and act like it doesn’t matter or that “everyone else does it” lol 

I genuinely don't think people who love artists like MGK care at all whether or not they can actually play instruments.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

Do you think Skiba has a secret backup guitarist when he plays with blink like he supposedly did with Alk3 (according to Laura Jane Grace)?

I don’t think it was a secret “back up” i assumed it was a second rhythm guitarist for thickening the live sound that obviously is just a hired gun so doesn’t need to be on stage with them.

its still fucking weird but I don’t think its a hidden guitarist playing skibas parts

4 minutes ago, Kay said:

I don’t think it was a secret “back up” i assumed it was a second rhythm guitarist for thickening the live sound that obviously is just a hired gun so doesn’t need to be on stage with them.

its still fucking weird but I don’t think its a hidden guitarist playing skibas parts

If "trio" is in the band name and the extra guitarist isn't on stage and is never introduced or anything, that makes it seem like they're trying to hide it. But I agree that the other guitarist was probably just beefing up the sound and not playing all of Matt's parts (although Matt's guitar parts are mostly rhythm a lot of the time).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Get divorced for the kids said:

What happened to Ry Bread? Our Twitter looks like he stopped using it and he doesn’t seem active on here?

He hasn’t done the socials for well over a year. I’m stuck plodding through it.. been thinking about asking for applications and letting someone else take it. Do good and you might be playing Mario Golf with Mark someday!

I still feel like it could be a key to keeping the boards alive and relevant in a way. Just the exposure.

But I’m not the guy for it lol

17 minutes ago, scoobs said:

He absolutely plays guitar, I watched him live 

lol I’m sure you could really see. This video I posted clearly shows he’s not playing, he’s barely credited for guitars on his record, but ok bud. He’s a modern day Eddie Van Halen according to his fans! 😂

6 minutes ago, Ghent said:

He hasn’t done the socials for well over a year. I’m stuck plodding through it.. been thinking about asking for applications and letting someone else take it. Do good and you might be playing Mario Golf with Mark someday!

I still feel like it could be a key to keeping the boards alive and relevant in a way. Just the exposure.

But I’m not the guy for it lol

Mark plays Mario golf!!??? What? Is there a new version? Im obsessed with Mario Golf 64!

5 minutes ago, Johnny Fappleseed said:

Mark plays Mario golf!!??? What? Is there a new version? Im obsessed with Mario Golf 64!

Lol yeah there’s one for the Switch, it’s fun. And Ry-Bread used to play with him yes, not sure if he still does (games in general)

Manage the blink online socials and it could launch you a podcast or Mark fake friendship. Possibilities are endless!

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Lol yeah there’s one for the Switch, it’s fun. And Ry-Bread used to play with him yes, not sure if he still does (games in general)

Manage the blink online socials and it could launch you a podcast or Mark fake friendship. Possibilities are endless!

The world is full of fake friendships. A fake friendship with Mark Hoppus would be quite alright lol. 

1 hour ago, Johnny Fappleseed said:

lol I’m sure you could really see. This video I posted clearly shows he’s not playing, he’s barely credited for guitars on his record, but ok bud. He’s a modern day Eddie Van Halen according to his fans! 😂

He's definitely not Eddie Van Halen, but some of his rhythm and songwriting is close - sorry to break it to you.  He isn't as good at tapping and soloing but his palm muting is around the same.  People evolve.  Is what it is.

• Crab 2

19 minutes ago, Funko Pop Sales said:

He's definitely not Eddie Van Halen, but some of his rhythm and songwriting is close - sorry to break it to you.  He isn't as good at tapping and soloing but his palm muting is around the same.  People evolve.  Is what it is.

One of the worst takes I’ve seen from you in a while 

• Crab 1