The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

35 minutes ago, kibbles said:

I mean, kinda obvious, but Mark said in his twitch stream "you can suggest all the songs you want but we're playing the hits people" 

Mark doesn’t give a fuck about fans who have put him in this position. He only cares about staying relevant and new teeny fans. Imagine paying those prices to hear the same old shit played badly? I wouldn’t pay a penny to watch Blink. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Mark doesn’t give a fuck about fans who have put him in this position. He only cares about staying relevant and new teeny fans. Imagine paying those prices to hear the same old shit played badly? I wouldn’t pay a penny to watch Blink. 

I'm only going to the show because I haven't seen the real lineup live and I feel like this will be Tom's final blink tour. If it was still Skiba then I'd have passed.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Russel Coight said:

I’ve had people show me her thumb before. How do so many people know what her thumb looks like?

I learned about it on the internet years ago and now whenever I see a picture of her and her hand is in it, it’s all I see.

46 minutes ago, Scott. said:

I think it is what the majority people want, it just sucks because the 'real' fan wants to see some more depth in their songlist.  They are a popular band, they have a duty to fulfill for the thousands paying for them, so it makes sense, but they could at least change it up slightly here and there..

• Like 2

1. It shouldn't be a surprise they're playing the hits, blink have done it for year 

2. Bands in big venues have to cater to the non die hard fan. I've gone to shows before expecting to hear hit singles and seen them not get played and people get bored so I totally get Marks reason behind it. If we get 3-4 new tracks mixed in that's fine with me. Personally I don't think they need to play Cali/Nine stuff with Tom .

1 hour ago, Gtr Comp Winner 2022 - Jan said:

I think it is what the majority people want, it just sucks because the 'real' fan wants to see some more depth in their songlist.  They are a popular band, they have a duty to fulfill for the thousands paying for them, so it makes sense, but they could at least change it up slightly here and there..

Would love them to have 1 or 2 songs they rotate in and out every night throw in a Party Song or a Here's your letter, just mix it up like that. 

• Like 2

Mark is just being willfully ignorant at this point because he thinks it's amusing for some reason haha. Yeah people want the hits, nobody on earth expects Blink to play a No Hits set. But people don't ONLY want the hits.

Literally this whole ongoing dispute would go away forever if Blink just added like 3 more "non-hit" songs into the set and rotated them every once in awhile. 10-15 more minutes of playing. That's all.

Nobody would complain about hearing Rock Show or whatever for the 100th time if they also got to hear Roller Coaster, Dick Lips, and Easy Target, for example.

I really hope he stops his "ain't I a little stinker!" act about this, especially on this tour when people are paying insane prices.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Chewy030 said:

Would love them to have 1 or 2 songs they rotate in and out every night throw in a Party Song or a Here's your letter, just mix it up like that. 

Here's Your Letter ❤️.  Arguably goat song.  No Tom, so hard to pick it, but so top-tier.

7 minutes ago, Gtr Comp Winner 2022 - Jan said:

Here's Your Letter ❤️.  Arguably goat song.  No Tom, so hard to pick it, but so top-tier.

In 09 they rotated out Easy Target and Go every other night. They need to do that again just pick two different deep cuts and rotate or hell do the Melody thing again would be fun too. 

• Like 3