The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

28 minutes ago, FAP said:

I’m just going on that you made absolutely zero sense. You compared a song, Down, saying it was popular to play back then , in comparisons to 3 other songs that were released during a different era. I said you can’t compare the popularity between the eras because MTV wasn’t really a thing for those other songs…to which you replied “that isn’t downs problem”….which proves my point in the first place 

Hey, I've already filed for divorce so we will no longer carry on with these arguments as they cross my boundaries as we are now separated.  

It's not Down's problem though that those other songs were released in a different era.  If MTV made Down more popular, so be it, it was therefore still more popular.  It's not like people can't access music without MTV.

18 minutes ago, Level 3 Alpha-Jan said:

Hey, I've already filed for divorce so we will no longer carry on with these arguments as they cross my boundaries as we are now separated.  

It's not Down's problem though that those other songs were released in a different era.  If MTV made Down more popular, so be it, it was therefore still more popular.  It's not like people can't access music without MTV.

You didn’t sign the divorce papers yet, did you?

Wasn't there rumours of All of This being the 5th and final single of that album? Love that song to death but not sure how the reception would be if that song was a single. At the time I thought that was the weirdest song I've ever heard. To this day I still think it's a weird song for blink yet at the same time it sounds so blink. Tom's fingerprints are all over that song tbh

It's almost up there with Fighting the Gravity with the weirdness I think. Hoping the new album has a couple of songs with weird vibes like those two tracks

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jan_the_bodybuilder said:

1. Here's Your Letter  2. Feeling This 3. Stockholm Syndrome 4. Asthenia

Incorrect. Assuming Not Now doesn’t count, the correct order is: 1. Stockholm Syndrome; 2. Always; 3. All of This; 4. Asthenia. If we include live renditions, Down is a top 5 track just for the outro that they experiment with. 

14 minutes ago, Worst poster here said:

Incorrect. Assuming Not Now doesn’t count, the correct order is: 1. Stockholm Syndrome; 2. Always; 3. All of This; 4. Asthenia. If we include live renditions, Down is a top 5 track just for the outro that they experiment with. 

I like that list, but Here's Your Letter is Mark's best song, imo.

And honestly, I forgot about Violence.  That song is an all-timer.

25 minutes ago, Jan_the_bodybuilder said:

I like that list, but Here's Your Letter is Mark's best song, imo.

And honestly, I forgot about Violence.  That song is an all-timer.

All of this talk about best songs, I'm not feeling this choice. I don't advocate violence, but if you are down then I'll make a suggestion, not an easy target, nor the obvious choice. As far as discussions go, this is giving me asthenia, but I guess here's your letter explaining how I actually agree with you, hey that's Stockholm syndrome, I always thought that I miss you was my favourite but I guess not now! Anyways, I'm lost without you, but don't let this fallen interlude disrupt your discussion 😃

2 hours ago, m0z182 said:

All of this talk about best songs, I'm not feeling this choice. I don't advocate violence, but if you are down then I'll make a suggestion, not an easy target, nor the obvious choice. As far as discussions go, this is giving me asthenia, but I guess here's your letter explaining how I actually agree with you, hey that's Stockholm syndrome, I always thought that I miss you was my favourite but I guess not now! Anyways, I'm lost without you, but don't let this fallen interlude disrupt your discussion 😃

Get out 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Here's Your Letter might be my favourite ever blink song. The guitars in the chorus sound so fucking good. Love the contrasting palm muted guitars in the verses and at the end of the bridge when Mark holds out longer on the last word of it, I always shake my head and laugh when I listen to that specific part because it's that damn good. Like i just can't get over how great it is

DO YOIU STILL FEEL THE SAME WAY?

DO YOU STILL FEEL TME SAME WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY?!

It's fucking awesome.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, just_bringing_good_chats said:

ah the memories, everything about that record was amazing even down to the setting in wich they recorded it

a totaly beautiful moment caught on tapes

The studio videos from that period are gold.

• Like 2

I had a random thought yesterday, not sure this was discussed here already, would like to hear some opinions on that. 
I always imagine what the enema of the state would sound like with Scott, but I started to think that it wouldnt sound thaaat different after all, u'know? The enema Demo is basically songs Tom and Mark had wrote around Scott's era. Mutt is a great example. In Travis first shows we can find the band already playing songs like Dumpweed (some say on the Dude Ranch demo they had some of the riffs in a never finished song, right?), Wendy Clear (about the same DHC girl from apple shampoo), I think Alien EXist is also from that time. ON the enema demo, songs like Party Song and Anthem kinda reminds us the "faster-n-dumb" Scott's era. For those who play guitar, note that DysentaryGary has a clean part that has the same vibe from DickLips (Intro and pre-chorus), VOyeur and Mutt (chorus). Dont Leave Me is not on the demo but its also a fast and simple song with mark playing the bass and singing all alone... Anyway, you got the point.
I started to think that Enema with Scott and even on another Company (not MCA?) would not sound THAT different. Maybe Adam Song would not be there? Idk what were the last songs they wrote for that album (Guess All The Small Things and Going Away to College). Yeah... thats it I guess haha. Im not that anxious anymore about wanting to know how it would sound like haha. Toughts? 

1 hour ago, saco0o said:

I had a random thought yesterday, not sure this was discussed here already, would like to hear some opinions on that. 
I always imagine what the enema of the state would sound like with Scott, but I started to think that it wouldnt sound thaaat different after all, u'know? The enema Demo is basically songs Tom and Mark had wrote around Scott's era. Mutt is a great example. In Travis first shows we can find the band already playing songs like Dumpweed (some say on the Dude Ranch demo they had some of the riffs in a never finished song, right?), Wendy Clear (about the same DHC girl from apple shampoo), I think Alien EXist is also from that time. ON the enema demo, songs like Party Song and Anthem kinda reminds us the "faster-n-dumb" Scott's era. For those who play guitar, note that DysentaryGary has a clean part that has the same vibe from DickLips (Intro and pre-chorus), VOyeur and Mutt (chorus). Dont Leave Me is not on the demo but its also a fast and simple song with mark playing the bass and singing all alone... Anyway, you got the point.
I started to think that Enema with Scott and even on another Company (not MCA?) would not sound THAT different. Maybe Adam Song would not be there? Idk what were the last songs they wrote for that album (Guess All The Small Things and Going Away to College). Yeah... thats it I guess haha. Im not that anxious anymore about wanting to know how it would sound like haha. Toughts? 

You lost me after “it wouldn’t sound thaaat different.” It would sound extremely different. Not only does Travis have grooves that Scott could never do, Travis helped with the arrangements of the songs. It wouldn’t even be close to the same 

• Like 1