The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

2 minutes ago, Fap God said:

I don’t think they did dammit on Leno unless it was years later 

I have a vague memory of seeing videos of them playing two of those shows in 1998 (and that it wasn't Letterman). I think I saw them in 2004 or something. Maybe I just saw the Conan one twice lol.

5 minutes ago, thongrider said:

That can't have been many months before the South Park movie was made though? And Conan was in that?

well what i’m saying is that while he was famous — he was on a major network, the cover of rolling stone in like ‘96, etc — his later time slot afforded his bookers the ability to secure newer, greener acts like blink.

not that blink weren’t already stars themselves as climbed climbed the charts. it put them in pretty rarified territory already, if not one hit wonders until EOTS (not unlike an eve 6, i guess, at the time). dude ranch still went gold and then platinum cause of dammit.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thongrider said:

I have a vague memory of seeing videos of them playing two of those shows in 1998 (and that it wasn't Letterman). I think I saw them in 2004 or something. Maybe I just saw the Conan one twice lol.

Were you thinking of this? I think this was an Australian show 

2 minutes ago, boxelder said:

well what i’m saying is that while he was famous — he was on a major network, the cover of rolling stone in like ‘96, etc — his later time slot afforded his bookers the ability to secure newer, greener acts like blink.

not that blink weren’t already stars themselves as climbed climbed the charts. it put them in pretty rarified territory already, if not one hit wonders until EOTS (not unlike an eve 6, i guess, at the time). dude ranch still went gold and then platinum cause of dammit.

This is kind of true, except Eve 6 was a lot bigger than blink was until EOTS. Dammit wasn’t even close to a big of a hit as “Inside Out” was 

Just now, Fap God said:

Were you thinking of this? I think this was an Australian show 

It is possible, but I remember it looking very similar to the Conan one and being surprised they played it at two major late shows. My memory is playing tricks. I'm getting old.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, thongrider said:

It is possible, but I remember it looking very similar to the Conan one and being surprised they played it at two major late shows. My memory is playing tricks. I'm getting old.

Yea, who knows! I know how the mind tricks go lol 

4 hours ago, Scott. said:

Wow didn’t realise they were on major talk shows during the dude ranch era. Is this one of their first appareances? How big of a single was Dammit?

Pretty sure Dammit was big enough, but the band itself maybe wasn't super big.  Josie was decent if you loved Dammit enough.  But Enema was so close and right around the corner that it kind of bridged to that when they really blew up and Dammit was just a fraction to All The Small Things and WMAA.

I only found out about Dammit and Josie whenever Youtube came out and after hearing ATST a million times on the radio and connecting the two.

12 hours ago, Scott. said:

Wow didn’t realise they were on major talk shows during the dude ranch era. Is this one of their first appareances? How big of a single was Dammit?

Putting on my timeline archivist hat!

• The music video for "Dammit" premieres on MTV 120 Minutes (5th July 1997)
  • The band performs on the MTV show "Oddville" making this the first performance of the song on TV (25th July 1997)
  • The band performs at the MTV Sports and Music Festival (18th October 1997) with coverage of the songs Dammit, Josie and Carousel
  • The band performs on the Mike Bullard talk show on 3rd March 1998 (audio of that performance) 
  • The song "Dammit" is used in the 8th episode of season 1 of Dawson's Creek "Boyfriend" aired on 10th March 1998
  • The song "Dammit" is featured on the soundtrack and in the movie "Can't Hardly Wait" released on 12th June 1998
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, Fap God said:

This is kind of true, except Eve 6 was a lot bigger than blink was until EOTS. Dammit wasn’t even close to a big of a hit as “Inside Out” was 

inside out is a much better song than dammit, its not even close, that being said dammit is way more of a rock song staple, that  u will still hear in arenas and other place all the time

and that makes it the bigger hit song, lots of songs r hit song but then we never never hear them again after that, a song that stick around for years being played again and again on radio and in arena is the bigger and more iconic song end of

Someone should edit a live video of Mutt with highlights including Scott and Skiba

How many songs were played by the 5 of them?

Mutt, Dammit, Carousel and Wasting Time? 🤔

No more enema songs were played by Scott, and Matt didn't play Josie or did he?

*Edit* to include M+m's so that's 5 songs i remember being played by all

5 minutes ago, raw_sounds said:

Someone should edit a live video of Mutt with highlights including Scott and Skiba

Did all of them play I Won't Be Home for Christmas, Family Reunion and Wendy Clear? Maybe WC was debuted with Travis.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, raw_sounds said:

Don’t forget Brooks Wackerman for the Australia tour dates 

• Like 1