The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

1 minute ago, allsystemsgo said:

For the creeps. I know you're watching.

Yea I just saw this on Reddit. He definitely had work done, you could see the scars when he first had it done. He didn’t just shave his head at that time for no reason, that is protocol. And they aren’t fully grown in yet. This is kinda where his hairline was before. Give it another half a year and his hairline will look super strong!

• Like 1

This entire book excerpt about the early 00s emo explosion is really cool, here are some funny bits about the fact that Jimmy Eat World apparently played at Tom's wedding! Haha

https://www.vulture.com/2023/05/where-are-your-boys-tonight-excerpt-dashboard-confessional.html

Jim Adkins (Jimmy Eat World): We played at Tom DeLonge’s wedding reception. It was a surprise for Tom. He seemed stoked! We played “Episode IV” from Static Prevails, “Call It in the Air,” “If You Don’t, Don’t” from the new record, and probably “Sweetness.”

Ian Cohen (music journalist): That Jimmy Eat World album got the lead review in Rolling Stone. One of the main talking points was that they played Tom DeLonge’s wedding. Like, that’s their peg? Okay! This was before “The Middle” was big. This was the first thing that made me aware that Jimmy Eat World could be a big deal.

Adkins: For a while, every interview we did was “What’s with this emo thing?” “Where’d you get your band name?” and “So you played Tom DeLonge’s wedding …” Those three questions. Every single interview.

yeah i remember that tidbit. i’m excited for that book! sounds cool. sellout by dan ozzi was decent too even if it contained no new info. i’m expecting mark’s memoir to be hugely revealing… usually memoirs like that are, and can i say was. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, allsystemsgo said:

I get the impression that Tom's very self conscious about his early blink days.

Most punk rock bands have a short shelf life. It must be weird to be his age and still paying the bills by playing songs that he wrote as a teen. I can imagine it does make you self-conscious as a result. You never quite get to leave it behind. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SandChannel said:

Most punk rock bands have a short shelf life. It must be weird to be his age and still paying the bills by playing songs that he wrote as a teen. I can imagine it does make you self-conscious as a result. You never quite get to leave it behind. 

poor little millionaire rock star has to play an old song that made him $$$$$$.....I feel so bad for him!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SandChannel said:

Yeah it's a tale as old as time for pretty much every artist. It's hard to keep enthusiasm up for a simple pop song for 20+ years. I don't know where this video originated, but it seems like he is a lot less self-loathing about it lately.

14 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Question for the ladies. Do blink do any oversized t shirts or nighties for the ladies? Want to buy my missus one. I’ve had a quick look but can’t find much 

got the perfect answer for you. in the US urban outfitters for better or worse is the most popular shop for the oversized tee but they're expensive. they have a blink one, two variants right now, that is insanely popular! my gf has both and enjoys them:

https://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shop/blink-182-t-shirt-dress

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Question for the ladies. Do blink do any oversized t shirts or nighties for the ladies? Want to buy my missus one. I’ve had a quick look but can’t find much 

If you can get a guys shirt in the biggest size possible she will probably love to sleep in it, womens sizes wont have the length with the larger size than a mens would. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Invaluable Nonbinosaur said:

If you can get a guys shirt in the biggest size possible she will probably love to sleep in it, womens sizes wont have the length with the larger size than a mens would. 

Yeah that’s a good point. Thanks 

5 hours ago, Scott. said:

Yeah that’s a good point. Thanks 

Yeah, I would do what Kay said. I can tell you that blink ladies t-shirts are always very short, I had two of them in the past, but then I started buying size small men’s because I’m too tall and I hate it when I move and they ride up my waist.

Their Aliens Exist t-shirt is actually the comfiest merch I’ve ever owned, it’s so soft.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, boxelder said:

got the perfect answer for you. in the US urban outfitters for better or worse is the most popular shop for the oversized tee but they're expensive. they have a blink one, two variants right now, that is insanely popular! my gf has both and enjoys them:

https://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shop/blink-182-t-shirt-dress

I bought this one in the largest men’s size. Found it somewhere else though for cheaper. Cheers pal

• Like 2