Ari

The blink 182 general discussion topic

Has it been confirmed that this new AVA album is actually brand new material? I mean, if they do indeed manage to get this film released, there was always gonna be some additional AVA stuff to run alongside it as additional promotion. The fact it's called LOVE Part 2 might imply that it's instrumentals, or remixes or something like that, maybe with a couple of new songs. I mean, the movie's not going to have all the new songs in it, is it? It's going to have the LOVE album tracks in it. Sooooo perhaps, just perhaps, this 'new AVA album' is not as big a deal as it's being made out...

...but on the other hand, it is a tad frustrating. I'm pretty patient with the new Blink record - it's out when it's out. The priority for me was to always see them live again. It now is just a bit annoying that there could well be yet more new AVA before new Blink. But Tom has put a lot of time/passion/money into AVA, and he can hardly just drop it. I think Mark/Travis wouldn't have reformed if they were majorly concerned about this or if it was going to be such a big issue - they must all be on the same page with this.

I havent carved a pumpkin in 10 years,  and I must say it was a pain in the ass. Almost fucked it up badly, turned out good I think. All I did was print up a picture online, taped it to the table and then layed cling wrap on top and traced it. Then used the cling wrap as my stencil for the pumpkin. I used the little poker thing and then carved it. Poking out the pumpkin pieces is the worst part lol.

I like stealing other people's pumpkins (not carved), carving something offensive in them, stick a candle in, and return on Halloween.

returning to the complaining topic... i can't agree with most of you. tom focuses more on ava, because that band is he himself. so instead of tweeting about his funny days or his tv show or hanging at disneyland, he posts dad-jokes and ava updates. and a little about blink... and the fact he gets his incomings from modlife/ava subscriptions is an emphasis of all these things.

you know the songwriting/recording process isn't usually working like they've done it in 2003 (renting a house, moving in, writing songs together). those times were amazing, but it was just the marketing strategy. they wanted to tell everyone they have changed, it's a more matured band, they do things in a harmonic way, they're an awesome band. and look what happened, the public ate that.

what we can expect now, when they're old, they all have their own studios, etc? the normal way of recording. they write songs in their free time, then they go to studio for a few weeks and they record those songs. i'm sure they did it in the toypaj times as well and no one gave a shit.

so we should give up our expectations, and be patient. it's sad blink isn't tom's priority in his life, but it's a good thing we can get updates from him at all. he created a facebook account, he posts videos, he mentions blink-182 and promises a good new album. it's better than nothing...