The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

It'll be interesting to see if Tom can bring himself to admit that it turned out to be a failure or if he tries to come up with some lame excuse instead ("too busy to the run a website").

Still, you'd expect an idealist multimillionaire to be able to keep the site even if it wasn't so successful.

Arrogant people will never admit they made a mistake.

Unfortunately Tom is proof that you really can't do anything you put your mind to. He went into AVA thinking his possibilities were endless. He thought he was going to be the biggest band in the world. 6 years later and they are playing club shows and the band doesn't produce enough money to pay back  $1000 to some 27 year old ex military stalker psycho who won an auction to see them live.

But Tom will NEVER admit AVA failed. In fact he continues on with this charade hoping that maybe one of these years one of AVA's piece of shit albums will actually sell.

Jesus lol..

It'll be interesting to see if Tom can bring himself to admit that it turned out to be a failure or if he tries to come up with some lame excuse instead ("too busy to the run a website").

Still, you'd expect an idealist multimillionaire to be able to keep the site even if it wasn't so successful.

Arrogant people will never admit they made a mistake.

Unfortunately Tom is proof that you really can't do anything you put your mind to. He went into AVA thinking his possibilities were endless. He thought he was going to be the biggest band in the world. 6 years later and they are playing club shows and the band doesn't produce enough money to pay back  $1000 to some 27 year old ex military stalker psycho who won an auction to see them live.

But Tom will NEVER admit AVA failed. In fact he continues on with this charade hoping that maybe one of these years one of AVA's piece of shit albums will actually sell.

tell us how you really feel  :wink:

but seriously, i couldn't agree with you more.

Tom won't be admitting anything as long as he never told reasons (solid reasons) about why the movie has been delayed over and over and over and over... for example.

But hey, I don't think he must admit anything. This is business and things happen like this. You play and you can win or lose.

Another example: Imagine for a second that the new blink album results in a big failure, artistically and commercially. Should they come out and say 'OK guys, we fucked up this shit'? Obviously, no. Things happen as they should happen and there's no need to give explanations and, from our side, there's no need to overjudge all the shit, point by point.

AVA definitely makes money if you forget the movie aspect.  It may not be a huge amount, but they do make money.  They are a decent sized band and they mad a killing with those VIP packages on the last tour.  Plus their songs are used all over the place on TV.  If you add in the movie, meh.  They may have lost money.

AVA definitely makes money if you forget the movie aspect.  It may not be a huge amount, but they do make money.  They are a decent sized band and they mad a killing with those VIP packages on the last tour.  Plus their songs are used all over the place on TV.  If you add in the movie, meh.  They may have lost money.

And they released an album for free and and have bought an entire recording studio out of Tom's pocket. I don't think AVA is making too much money. At least not compared to blink.

Even if they make 20,000 a month total from modlife, when you factor in all the bullshit things they waste money on and divide it among bandmates it doesn't add up to that much. I doubt Atom, Matt, and David make more than 100,000 a year. Obviously, I have no idea and am just speculating. But I just don't see how this band could be very profitable.

And they released an album for free and and have bought an entire recording studio out of Tom's pocket. I don't think AVA is making too much money. At least not compared to blink.

Even if they make 20,000 a month total from modlife, when you factor in all the bullshit things they waste money on and divide it among bandmates it doesn't add up to that much. I doubt Atom, Matt, and David make more than 100,000 a year. Obviously, I have no idea and am just speculating. But I just don't see how this band could be very profitable.

I wouldn't really count the studio since that has a lot of use for more than just AVA.  But I think a good guess as you said is $100,000 per member, besides Tom. 

id say they would be on a bit more than 100k. But even then for David and Matt thats a sweet deal as they dont even need to contribute to the writing process and Atom just records drums haha.

id love to earn that much money and just play instruments. It'd be like being a cover band as you didnt write the songs haha

Since blink is back I'm sure there's a shit load of people that dropped Ava  (me one of them) and could give a shit about them. All it Ava was at the time was a shitty void filler from blink. It was exciting at first cause it was new and refreshing from a blink member.....then the lies started and lost all hope in them. Pay for a website and miss all the broadcasts cause they were random. Promised exclusive  remixes , songs and videos.( Tom grazing his hand on a strangers ass) most found on YouTube. Oh and the failed movie. Oh yea and the live albums I forgot about. If they atleast did half of the shit they said they would  I'd like them more, but it's basically thats how politics work right? And I hate politics. The only positive is that I got to meet Tom, and if it wasnt for the meet and greets I'd probaly never get to meet him in blink, but even when I met him and talked to him then it was weird cause I didn't want to say anything blink related at the time. Oh well I hope blink will be the ultimate out come because it's> obvious.< .... Lol that he can't do both. I know he's just going to be a stubborn bitch and won't ever admit Ava is a failure. Still the only Ava song I heard on the radio and tv was the adventure......ok I'm done.....I can't believe I loose sleep thinking about this shit. Lol fuck me

Since blink is back I'm sure there's a shit load of people that dropped Ava  (me one of them) and could give a shit about them. All it Ava was at the time was a shitty void filler from blink. It was exciting at first cause it was new and refreshing from a blink member.....then the lies started and lost all hope in them. Pay for a website and miss all the broadcasts cause they were random. Promised exclusive  remixes , songs and videos.( Tom grazing his hand on a strangers ass) most found on YouTube. Oh and the failed movie. Oh yea and the live albums I forgot about. If they atleast did half of the shit they said they would  I'd like them more, but it's basically thats how politics work right? And I hate politics. The only positive is that I got to meet Tom, and if it wasnt for the meet and greets I'd probaly never get to meet him in blink, but even when I met him and talked to him then it was weird cause I didn't want to say anything blink related at the time. Oh well I hope blink will be the ultimate out come because it's> obvious.< .... Lol that he can't do both. I know he's just going to be a stubborn bitch and won't ever admit Ava is a failure. Still the only Ava song I heard on the radio and tv was the adventure......ok I'm done.....I can't believe I loose sleep thinking about this shit. Lol fuck me

Lmfao you are not the only one who loses sleep thinkin about this stuff man! Sometimes I look at myself and thoughts and I feel somewhat pathetic. Blink is my achilles tendon, if you will. They are the one thing I cannot let go about my past, or go without thinking about for a day no matter how hard I try...

what is this? The AvA General discussion?

Knock it off with this bullshit angels and bullshitwaves and continue this argument where it belongs, cuz this is the Blink 182 General Discussion topic.

Like it or not, these days the two bands are tied to eachother. So, until tom comes out and says he is done with AVA and will never touch it again and he is 100% blink(this will never happen) I suggest you chill the fuck out. You're in for a long haul with that attitude.

WDNTW sold over a million copies worldwide, and was Top 10 in 4 of the "big" countries.

I-Empire may have sold half that amount, but any band who sells a million copies of their album would not generally be considered a failure.

You can compare AVA's success to Blink all you want, but nobody sells the same amount of records with other bands as they do with their biggest band...

Ask Dave Grohl, Josh Homme, Jack White and on and on, do people go around calling their other bands failures because they don't sell like their biggest acts? Do people go around moaning at them to quit?

Tom may have wanted to make AVA into the biggest band in the world when they started out, but anyone who starts a band and is ambitious wants that.

PS - Sure, Modlife fucking sucks, but plenty of businesses suck and go down the drain. At least he had the gonads to give it a go... and made a bit of money for his band in the process.

WDNTW sold over a million copies worldwide, and was Top 10 in 4 of the "big" countries.

I-Empire may have sold half that amount, but any band who sells a million copies of their album would not generally be considered a failure.

You can compare AVA's success to Blink all you want, but nobody sells the same amount of records with other bands as they do with their biggest band...

Ask Dave Grohl, Josh Homme, Jack White and on and on, do people go around calling their other bands failures because they don't sell like their biggest acts? Do people go around moaning at them to quit?

Tom may have wanted to make AVA into the biggest band in the world when they started out, but anyone who starts a band and is ambitious wants that.

PS - Sure, Modlife fucking sucks, but plenty of businesses suck and go down the drain. At least he had the gonads to give it a go... and made a bit of money for his band in the process.

Well if I remember correctly Tom said AVA would be the biggest band in the world or the second coming of christ or whatever. So based on those expectations, he failed miserabally.

1 million albums is great. But it's relative. The majority of those sales are based off of Tom being from Blink 182 and have nothing to do with the music.

Question, how many albums do you think they would have sold if no one knew who they were? I think the answer would pretty much speak for itself.

I am not saying saying that spin off bands should sell as much as their big bands, I am saying Tom talked AVA up a lot and made it seem like it would be become way bigger than Blink 182, and it failed based on what he said it would be. It's the arrogance that makes AVA a failure. If Tom had kept his mouth shut and let the music speak for itself, I wouldn't have had much of an issue with it.

Oh wow, Tom built a glorified  fan club. Those have been around since the 1960's. It is nothing revolutionary, it is nothing special. It sucked and was a financial failure.

If my band sold 15 million albums and I had legions of fans I could create a paid fanclub as well, and I wouldn't need to spend god only know how much money to do it.

1 million albums is great. But it's relative. The majority of those sales are based off of Tom being from Blink 182 and have nothing to do with the music.

Question, how many albums do you think they would have sold if no one knew who they were? I think the answer would pretty much speak for itself.

How many albums would ANY band sell if no one knew who they were? Very little.

And in AVA's case, they ARE relatively unknown, with only one major/one minor radio hit to date.

If AVA, and any other band were played more on the radio, they would sell more albums, simple as that.

Selling 1 million albums off the back of 1 hit, and 500,000 albums off the back of a semi-hit is a strong base to start from.

If Tom sold all those records off the back of Blink, why did +44 sell less than half of WDNTW's figures?