Why Was Ryan Fired

Why Was Ryan Fired

On 10/25/2018 at 10:40 AM, Ghent said:

I'm pretty sure he got paid to keep quiet after he was fired. Some kind of NDA.

I remember he made a website with a picture of his face with duct tape over it or something like that and said he couldn't talk about what happened, clearly implying it was shady af.

He use to be on either MSN Messenger or AIM back in the day and would talk to fans. I talked to him a few times but every time you would bring up AVA he would always say "He can't talk about it" 

• Like 1

there was definately something very sketchy going on with ryan leaving. i'm glad he did, he seems like a great guy but was a terrible fit for AVA. and matt's a super cool dude. 

will we ever get full disclosure about everything that happend? what a great movie that would be!

maybe i just don't know a lot of others bands history as well but damn, those dudes are weird as fuck

29 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

I know Weezer legally couldn't talk about why their bass player Mikey suddenly left the band. I think once he finally died, they said something.

I think they just respected his privacy. I think it was mental illness maybe? I can't exactly recall.

That was also the era where RC was supposedly suing his bandmates for playing the wrong notes.

Just now, _Kyle_ said:

I think they just respected his privacy. I think it was mental illness maybe? I can't exactly recall.

That was also the era where RC was supposedly suing his bandmates for playing the wrong notes.

Yeah, I think he had a mental breakdown, brought on by the touring/ quick success/ and drug issues. I think he just like freaked out and ended up in a mental hospital mid tour.

I didn't hear about that RC lawsuit but it doesn't shock me, he is another oddball.

1 minute ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Yeah, I think he had a mental breakdown, brought on by the touring/ quick success/ and drug issues. I think he just like freaked out and ended up in a mental hospital mid tour.

I didn't hear about that RC lawsuit but it doesn't shock me, he is another oddball.

Yeah, this was pre-Make Believe that he was a complete tool to his band-mates. I think Welsh was a good fit in terms of looks and attitude (reminded a bit of like Matt to be honest), but he burned out quick. They even filmed a new Island In The Sun's video with a completely new concept, etc after he left. Which is probably why they only had two videos from that album if you don't count the tour version of Photograph.

I figure after Matt left, nobody was around to call Rivers on his shit, and thus he would be so despondent to everyone, not even make eye contact with them, etc. I was heavy into them during the 2000-2005 era and I was rather shocked at how dysfunctional they kind of were, and seemingly weird Rivers was. Like The Get Up Kids toured with them and never met Rivers. They weren't just some goofy 20 year old nerds who liked indie rock and metal, which is how I assumed they were from interviews and music videos.

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 1:07 PM, _Kyle_ said:

Yeah, this was pre-Make Believe that he was a complete tool to his band-mates. I think Welsh was a good fit in terms of looks and attitude (reminded a bit of like Matt to be honest), but he burned out quick. They even filmed a new Island In The Sun's video with a completely new concept, etc after he left. Which is probably why they only had two videos from that album if you don't count the tour version of Photograph.

I figure after Matt left, nobody was around to call Rivers on his shit, and thus he would be so despondent to everyone, not even make eye contact with them, etc. I was heavy into them during the 2000-2005 era and I was rather shocked at how dysfunctional they kind of were, and seemingly weird Rivers was. Like The Get Up Kids toured with them and never met Rivers. They weren't just some goofy 20 year old nerds who liked indie rock and metal, which is how I assumed they were from interviews and music videos.

Yeah, I like Weezer from about 2002-2010. Then I met them and saw Pinkerton live and I felt the only direction left to go with them was down, so I kind of just closed the book on it.

Rivers is definitely bizarre, he seems to have many different phases. His constant appearance changes seem to reflect his constant personality changes.  For example he once said he'd never wear his glasses again because he said it was a gimmick. Then a year later and he was wearing them again.  I think the 2000-2003 era was like a shut in phase for him. Where he didn't associate with anyone and was an arrogant asshole. Then he did a complete reversal and agreed to all kinds of meet and greets, cruises, Pinkerton album tours. Probably getting married had something to do with it. But these days I have heard he is reverting back to how he was during 2000-2003

14 hours ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Yeah, I like Weezer from about 2002-2010. Then I met them and saw Pinkerton live and I felt the only direction left to go with them was down, so I kind of just closed the book on it.

Rivers is definitely bizarre, he seems to have many different phases. His constant appearance changes seem to reflect his constant personality changes.  For example he once said he'd never wear his glasses again because he said it was a gimmick. Then a year later and he was wearing them again.  I think the 2000-2003 era was like a shut in phase for him. Where he didn't associate with anyone and was an arrogant asshole. Then he did a complete reversal and agreed to all kinds of meet and greets, cruises, Pinkerton album tours. Probably getting married had something to do with it. But these days I have heard he is reverting back to how he was during 2000-2003

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/rivers-cuomo-weezers-invisible-man-76590/

I haven't read this article in a long while, but yeah, he was locking himself in closets to simulate conditions to write painful subjects. It's worth a read because I think Rivers got a lot better after this time and figured himself out better. I actually think the 00s Weezer is pretty alright, but I just haven't been really into them since Hurley, and that was after they gimmicked themselves to death. I do still consider the 90s their peak and pretty much enjoyable from top to bottom.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2018 at 7:16 AM, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

I know the real story. Ryan said that the reasons were "hypocritical".

Ryan got caught in a four some with some fans by Jen. Jen went to Tom and was like "this is who you hire to be in your band?". Tom pretended to be outraged "OMG! So terrible, I am firing him now". But the truth was, Tom was also guilty of this stuff as well, in fact Ryan happened to be getting Tom's sloppy seconds that day.. Ryan obviously didn't say the exact reasons for his firing and why they were hypocritical because.....

#brocode

Is this true?

On 10/25/2018 at 8:16 AM, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

I know the real story. Ryan said that the reasons were "hypocritical".

Ryan got caught in a four some with some fans by Jen. Jen went to Tom and was like "this is who you hire to be in your band?". Tom pretended to be outraged "OMG! So terrible, I am firing him now". But the truth was, Tom was also guilty of this stuff as well, in fact Ryan happened to be getting Tom's sloppy seconds that day.. Ryan obviously didn't say the exact reasons for his firing and why they were hypocritical because.....

#brocode

i'm sure this post is full of shit. but, you know, i actually saw groupie looking blonde girls (probably in their early 30s) go in to the AVA bus after a show. i actually thinking local radio stations provide the drugs and girls after shows. 

6 hours ago, Kevin. said:

i'm sure this post is full of shit. but, you know, i actually saw groupie looking blonde girls (probably in their early 30s) go in to the AVA bus after a show. i actually thinking local radio stations provide the drugs and girls after shows. 

dude, #brocode!