Jump to content
 
Sign in to follow this  
Donald Trump's Bulge

Bohemian Rhapsody Queen biopic

Recommended Posts

Too bad. Apparently Sacha Baren Cohen refused the role as the movie did not portray any of the party lifestyle, drugs, and alcohol that made up a lot of Freddie’s life and it was instead a glamourized PG13 version of the band’s history. Shitty because Cohen would have made a much better Freddie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a big fan of Queen.

It was historically inaccurate in a lot of spots. I get it that it can't be perfect, but some of the stuff was just unnecessarily historically inaccurate. I hate that Hollywood can't make a fucking true story movie without changing shit around.

The screenplay was bad. It just wasn't a well written movie.

Rami was great as Freddie, the recording scenes and performance scenes were good, but it could have been so much more.

 

Making it PG-13 was a huge mistake and it robbed us of Freddie's real personality. No, I am not saying we needed a graphic movie with over the top gay sex. But Freddie's life wasn't PG-13. He had a short fuse , and if you crossed him, he'd come at you with all kinds of profanity laced tirades, he's even break shit and throw tantrums. On the flip side, he could be the nicest calmest, most caring person.

But in a PG-13 movie they literally have to replace "Fuck it darling" (his favorite phrase) with "bullocks darling".

Give me a fucking break!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

I am a big fan of Queen.

It was historically inaccurate in a lot of spots. I get it that it can't be perfect, but some of the stuff was just unnecessarily historically inaccurate. I hate that Hollywood can't make a fucking true story movie without changing shit around.

The screenplay was bad. It just wasn't a well written movie.

Rami was great as Freddie, the recording scenes and performance scenes were good, but it could have been so much more.

 

Making it PG-13 was a huge mistake and it robbed us of Freddie's real personality. No, I am not saying we needed a graphic movie with over the top ethan sex. But Freddie's life wasn't PG-13. He had a short fuse , and if you crossed him, he'd come at you with all kinds of profanity laced tirades, he's even break shit and throw tantrums. On the flip side, he could be the nicest calmest, most caring person.

But in a PG-13 movie they literally have to replace "Fuck it darling" (his favorite phrase) with "bullocks darling".

Give me a fucking break!

I thought the reason it was so badly done was because the band refused to have a truer version of the story and wanted it to be watered down, showing it all in the best light possible. that's what I'd heard anyhow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kay said:

I thought the reason it was so badly done was because the band refused to have a truer version of the story and wanted it to be watered down, showing it all in the best light possible. that's what I'd heard anyhow. 

Yes, and it was definitely written to favor the current living band members and kind of tarnish Freddie a bit.

Like they literally wrote in that Queen broke up in 1983 and it was Freddie's fault, and there is a scene where he is begging to get back in the band. Give me a fucking break! Queen never broke up, and Freddie never begged to get back in.

Also there were homophobia undertones. Freddie the nut, was off with his guys getting into trouble, while the normal members of Queen were at home with their wife and kids.

They had a scene when Freddie was first joining Queen and Brian/Roger were making fun of his teeth. The Freddie character just laughed it off. In reality Freddie was very very self conscious about his teeth and if someone said that to him, he would have blown up on them and told them to go fuck themselves.

 

Obviously I didn't know Freddie, but I've read tons of books on him by people who knew him. So you get a sense of what he was like and this movie didn't depict the real Freddie at all, and yes, it was watered down.

 

The bottom-line, it didn't do the real story any justice at all, and its such a shame because new fans might not come away with the real story which was FAR more interesting than this badly written drivel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know Sacha Baron Cohen’s plans for the movie fell apart because the living members were not interested in it being gritty and also wanted it to be about them to the point of Freddie dying like half way through the movie. 

There’s a radio spot for it that plays where one of the band calls Freddie a legend and Freddie responds “we’re all legends” and my immediate thought was that this was what SBC warned us about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SBC should of been in it.

I also heard that they wanted this movie to be a QUEEN movie, not a FM one. So isn't it like, half about him, half about them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, _Kyle_ said:

SBC should of been in it.

I also heard that they wanted this movie to be a QUEEN movie, not a FM one. So isn't it like, half about him, half about them?

Yeah, I'd say its about 50/50. Its more about Queen in general. They definitely put in scenes to obviously showcase that Freddie wasn't the only one who wrote the music, which is fair, but some of it was obvious to be like "Hey I am Brian May and just so you know, I wrote We Will Rock you and not Freddie"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So there's no confirmation aboou Freddie having to go to the hospital to extract a high amount of semen out off his stomach?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×