Would you go see Blink 182 live?

High Value Man

Poll  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Would you go see Blink 182 live?

• Yes
    • No

Let me set the conditions.

Blink is playing near you (less than 45 minutes away). With the current lineup, with the current setlist. Ticket prices are standard, lets say $40-$60. Transportation/parking etc is on you.

Do you go see them?

I am leaving out the "maybe" option because its kind of either you will buy a ticket or you won't. The maybes usually get thrown in the pile of "I say I might but won't get around to buying a ticket"

Yes, but that's mainly because I live in a somewhat isolated area that gets very few big shows. I've only gotten to see them twice over the years, so I'd gladly see them if they came here. I wouldn't travel any distance to see them in their current state though.

• Like 2

I wouldn't, I saw them in London last year and it was a proper letdown. Sound was pretty shite and just didn't feel like blink to me. 

I saw them a few times during the reunion period (the terrible Reading Festival performance and at the O2 arena a couple times) and it was just so much more enjoyable, sure it wasn't quite the same as when I saw them between 2003-2005 and there will obvious flaws but at least it still felt like blink. 

I think a part of my fandom died the day I saw the new line up live, just wasn't the same. 

• Like 3

Definitely no with current lineup/setlist.  Did that couple summers ago and it was super disappointing/boring. Felt like a cover band everytime Matt lead.  I don't think a reunion tour with Tom would be that great either, unless they actually got together and made new music with will never happen.

No - but my no is quite unique, I think.

I never got to see them with Tom. if I was ever going to have the chance to see blink, I'd want to see real blink. I would rather never see them then have my first time seeing them be in this current state. 

• Like 5

In it's current form no.

I actually still enjoy a few tracks from the Cali albums and I like Skiba, but he is so wrong for Blink. 

The nail in the coffin for me was last year, went to the Birmingham show and it was a massive massive letdown. I've seen them so many times, and I actually think their 20th Anniversary tour was by far their best in the UK. Pre-Hiatus were great shows, but the acoustic sets on the 20th anniversary tour made it a bit more special.  

I will always listen to new music they put out, and get excited about new music, but in all honesty I have no interest in seeing them live.

• Like 1

Just now, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Is it shocking to you that 40% of f the people in here would not see Blink live? This even includes overseas.

Surprised it's not higher actually. This message board does not represent any semblance of a normal sample of blink fans.

4 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Surprised it's not higher actually. This message board does not represent any semblance of a normal sample of blink fans.

I actually disagree to be honest, casual fans seem to not mind but there is a good portion of die hard fans that don't like the direction the band are going in. 

Check comments on Twitter every now and then and you'll see a lot of people share the same negative view of the bands current state that a lot of people here do. 

• Like 1