Would you go see Blink 182 live?

High Value Man

Poll  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Would you go see Blink 182 live?

• Yes
    • No

Fat drunk Tom> Skiba

As bad as Tom was in his final days, he still brought more to the stage than Skiba.

Ry Bread I am not sure how you could watch those shows and not see that Skiba is a non entity on stage. He stands there, says absolutely nothing the entire show. You'd think his vocal performance could save him, not tough to beat a drunk Tom singing right? Somehow he also fails at that. He shouts songs and sounds like garbage, plus his voice is so similar to Mark's voice, that the blending is bad. Then you'd think well, surly his guitar work would be better, like how hard is it to beat Tom on that? Sadly again, Matt fails, from his shit guitar tones, to his very uninspired guitar work.

He's terrible.

It’s because I accepted a long time ago that Tom is gone and I am not going to unfairly compare any replacement to a childhood hero who influenced me in countless ways, it’s impossible.

So instead, I’ll enjoy the new guy as his own person. I don’t care that I don’t get to hear a few dumb dick jokes in between songs from a 45 year old that aren’t even really funny. I don’t care how many steps he takes on stage, mostly because I’m usually fixated on Mark/Trav to begin with. Mark has plenty of #energy to vibe with if you can’t get enough from Skiba.

Vocal performance wise he is better than Fat Tom IMHO, even when being a #yeller, and I actually really enjoy his live guitar tone so that’s an easy win for Skiba in my book. 

So when the question is posed whether or not I’d see current Blink live, the answer is hell yes. Don’t care if they had a squirrel on guitar, I’m there front row having the time of my life while I can.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

It’s because I accepted a long time ago that Tom is gone and I am not going to unfairly compare any replacement to a childhood hero who influenced me in countless ways, it’s impossible.

So instead, I’ll enjoy the new guy as his own person. I don’t care that I don’t get to hear a few dumb dick jokes in between songs from a 45 year old that aren’t even really funny. I don’t care how many steps he takes on stage, mostly because I’m usually fixated on Mark/Trav to begin with. Mark has plenty of #energy to vibe with if you can’t get enough from Skiba.

Vocal performance wise he is better than Fat Tom IMHO, even when being a #yeller, and I actually really enjoy his live guitar tone so that’s an easy win for Skiba in my book. 

So when the question is posed whether or not I’d see current Blink live, the answer is hell yes. Don’t care if they had a squirrel on guitar, I’m there front row having the time of my life while I can.

Whatever floats your boat.

As to the bolded, he isn't his own person, he adds nothing. .

No one is expecting him To compare to Tom, but it would be nice if he was more than a session guitarist. They could replace him with a pre recorded track up there and no one would know the difference.

Blink should have made a better choice in who they selected. I am glad you are satisfied with mediocrity when it comes to Blink 182. But I actually respect the band enough to expect greatness. Not shit.

• Like 1

hahah i forgot that iheartradio show. what a joke. skiba is so bad at his job, it's not even funny. is it really to much to ask for him to learn to play those fucking songs?

he must get paid a shitton and is okay with butchering songs worse then tom ever could. what an arrogant prick

• Like 2

i know Tom doesn't give a shit about current status of a band, him and Mark probably wont ever talk to each other again, but i wonder will there be a point where Tom's gonna step up to save a band from Matt being a shitty replacement, Feldys being a blonde dickhead killing the band. I mean you can't just watch the band goind downhill and don't give a fuck at some point. Atleast he must have had any thoughts. it wont be this way where Mark and Travis wont accept him back if he ever ask them, it should be Tom bitchslaping their ass' for handeling this whole blink thing poorly. that's the only way i see him coming back. i mean, if he ever gives a fuck. 

1 hour ago, b00bies said:

i know Tom doesn't give a shit about current status of a band, him and Mark probably wont ever talk to each other again, but i wonder will there be a point where Tom's gonna step up to save a band from Matt being a shitty replacement, Feldys being a blonde dickhead killing the band. I mean you can't just watch the band goind downhill and don't give a fuck at some point. Atleast he must have had any thoughts. it wont be this way where Mark and Travis wont accept him back if he ever ask them, it should be Tom bitchslaping their ass' for handeling this whole blink thing poorly. that's the only way i see him coming back. i mean, if he ever gives a fuck. 

Well, in this situation the key for all and from all points of view is MONEY -because I consider that the artistic concern is long lost-. As long as everyboidy is keeping their cut, hah, everything is fine, unless someone gets illuminated one day and start to really care about music.

Its really hard to speculate on Tom coming back when we have no clue what the arrangement is between them.

We've heard hints, such as Mark saying it was a "divorce" to Tom saying "I am still in the band". Its probably something in between. There is no realistic way Tom can show up tomorrow and say "Hi I am back". No label would allow that type of risk. Impossible. But I am sure he is still part of the corporation.

We honestly don't know, and its one of the few things where its really hard to form an accurate opinion. One thing is certain, Mark hates Tom, and if Mark has any say or any control, Tom won't be back.

What we do know: Mark, Travis, and Matt have been writing a new album with John "God" Feldmann that you guys won't enjoy. Maybe sit out this cycle? It will be a couple years before Tom coming back could come into play. Why put yourself through it?

On 11/16/2018 at 7:25 AM, NealMcBealTheNavySeal said:

no, they are tied to a click track. the backing tracks are also tied to said click track so it would be no problem to cut the backing tracks.

I don't mind the backing tracks if they're well mixed and match the sound of the live instruments. they also could add little improv sections here and there to keep shows fresh and interesting. but that would require the will to progress...

Love the way they sound here tbh. Ghost on the dancefloor without backingtracks? no way, josé

Whoa this is one of the best sound mixes I've heard of post-reunion Blink! Tom sings like a fucking lunatic as usual but his guitar sounds pretty good and full for once, and yeah the backing tracks work too.

Man I just love Ghost On The Dancefloor. Probably my favorite post-reunion song tbh.

On 11/14/2018 at 4:14 PM, daveyjones said:

if it had been released as a sort of +44 v2.0 (as in, a new band with a new name) then it would totally, totally work for me.

I would've loved that idea, they wouldn't have such a huge legacy to live up to AND it would have come without the "sounding like Blink" expectations that they put on songs they wrote for California.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Champ182 said:

I would've loved that idea, they wouldn't have such a huge legacy to live up to AND it would have come without the "sounding like Blink" expectations that they put on songs they wrote for California.

the decision was likely financial. gotta be "blink" to tour as blink to make those blink benjamins...

• Like 2

Spend your whole career building up blink-182 to something huge and enjoyed by the masses only to be forced to play small shows under some new band name in your late 40s when 2/3 of the band is all in for the original? 

They played it right imo. Can’t wait for the next album/tour

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

Spend your whole career building up blink-182 to something huge and enjoyed by the masses only to be forced to play small shows under some new band name in your late 40s when 2/3 of the band is all in for the original?

i retagged the artist on california as +44 in my itunes. curiously, it sounds better.

• Like 1