Jump to content
 
Margie Whipple's Rage

Ramones Have Stupid Haircuts ... and other (musical) things that need to be said

Recommended Posts

Hmmm.

People consider Red Hot Chili Peppers to be a good band, right? I think they're super overrated. Anthony Kiedis is easily one of the worst lyricists out there, and he's the weak link in the band (in the Frusciante lineup) in terms of talent.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nasa said:

Hmmm.

People consider Red Hot Chili Peppers to be a good band, right? I think they're super overrated. Anthony Kiedis is easily one of the worst lyricists out there, and he's the weak link in the band (in the Frusciante lineup) in terms of talent.

Damn that's cold, but I somewhat agree. I love RHCP when I'm in the mood for it but they get pretty stale after a while.  It's kind of formulatic.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Foo Fighters (outside of a handful of singles) are boring as shit.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kay said:

The Foo Fighters (outside of a handful of singles) are boring as shit.

Disagree with this. Although Dave's act is getting old.

"I am just a humble working class guy who gets to play areans and have Paul McCartney join me onstage occasionally. Isn't this cool guys?"

  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Foo Fighters! I used to love them, but they do get old after a while.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasting Light is their best album, imo. After that, The Colour and the Shape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never understood the love for Foo Fighters. I like about 3 songs. They're one of the most boring rock bands I've ever heard IMO. Plus something seems really fake about Dave Grohl. Don't know what it is but I don't think he's this cool & nice guy like he's portrayed to be. Comes across as an asshole to me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

Never understood the love for Foo Fighters. I like about 3 songs. They're one of the most boring rock bands I've ever heard IMO. Plus something seems really fake about Dave Grohl. Don't know what it is but I don't think he's this cool & nice guy like he's portrayed to be. Comes across as an asshole to me.

First album is fantastic, second is pretty okay but after that its a whole lot of meh.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Disagree with this. Although Dave's act is getting old.

"I am just a humble working class guy who gets to play areans and have Paul McCartney join me onstage occasionally. Isn't this cool guys?"

Dave Grohl's act bothered me too for a while, but part of me believes they actually are all this really chill and laid back.

I like him, I just don't love him 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dave Grohl is like the Feldy of grunge.  Both are hard workers and I like a decent amount of their stuff, but can be a bit much at times.  Instead of whoas and nanas, Grohl will plaster in the same old bumper sticker chorus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't get either love or hate for rhcp. I rarely offer them a thought. They are like the doors. Not good enough to enjoy, not bad enough to hate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, thongrider said:

I don't get either love or hate for rhcp. I rarely offer them a thought. They are like the doors. Not good enough to enjoy, not bad enough to hate. 

Some ppl obsess over them though.  I think they're a solid band too but not as amazing as some hype them to be.

They actually aged really bad when I listen back.  Stadium Arcadiam was cool at the time but seems super cheesy now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Kay said:

The Foo Fighters (outside of a handful of singles) are boring as shit.

I only like their singles, but some of singles are fantastic though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×