Ramones Have Stupid Haircuts ... and other (musical) things that need to be said

Speedo

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
1 minute ago, Depf said:

people who listen to beatles/clash get their protein from cleaning up after the stones/pistols listeners.

also , queen is shit and freddy mercury was just a pompous cunt. 

led zepplin are the drizzling lactose intolerance shit. years of drugs, pedophilia and godlike Status and all you have to show for it is 2 good riffs? gtfo.   ac/dc > led zep

megadeth> metallica

corey taylor is a self important idiot.

limp bizkit>slipknot

nickelback > slipknot

the sound of a dying horse > slipknot

angels and airwaves > slipknot

What a fucking mess. Log off

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Depf said:

people who listen to beatles/clash get their protein from cleaning up after the stones/pistols listeners.

also , queen is shit and freddy mercury was just a pompous cunt. 

led zepplin are the drizzling lactose intolerance shit. years of drugs, pedophilia and godlike Status and all you have to show for it is 2 good riffs? gtfo.   ac/dc > led zep

megadeth> metallica

corey taylor is a self important idiot.

limp bizkit>slipknot

nickelback > slipknot

the sound of a dying horse > slipknot

angels and airwaves > slipknot

Beatles suck big old sloppy baby dick, you aren't wrong. The Clash had London Calling which was good, not great and a few other songs. The Rolling Stones used to be really good at one time ... a long time ago ... before my parents were born. The Sex Pistols ... I'm glad Sid OD'd wish Johnny would have followed suit.

Led Zeppelin has one good song ... wait, no, they stole that from someone else. Never mind. AC/DC is great and anyone who says different should be on a missionary trip, giving AIDS to African babies because it might actually be beneficial to their image. 

Megadeth/Metallica, two sides of the same misprinted, B.O. smelling coin.

I watched Corey Taylor do a rendition of the Sponge Bob Square Pants theme and it was the cringiest thing I'd ever seen a performer to ... pandering to the Lowest Common Denominator is no way to go about making a career ... I mean, you can do it but one day the lack of respect everyone else has for you is gonna mirror itself in your own head and you're gonna blow your brains out.

Fred Durst should stand behind Corey Taylor at all times to catch the inevitable brain encrusted bullet exiting from the back of Taylor's head, lodging itself Behind Blue Eyes.

Nickleback is catchy and decent guitarist ... make that money, dudes.

Speaking of dead horses ... you're really kicking the shit out that Slipknot one!

The entire Whisper album, Kiss & Tell, and Rebel Girl were great ... everything else from AvA is what happens when you don't reign in a drug-addled lunatic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Elisa said:

Can't really stand the Offspring now, I think I was 16 the last time I heard this song, but it's actually still listenable 

I can’t remember the last time I listened to them but they had some great tunes, especially in the early days.

• 4 weeks later...

So do we still like Dave Grohl? I feel like I like him a lot as a musician, personality or whatever, but the whole saving rock music thing I'm not sure I like. 

Some songs are incredible (Times Like These, Everlong), most songs feel like pop covered up in rock music. Which is fine, but every interview he goes on about some thrash metal band like okay dude we get it.

Also, kind of acts like Tom towards blink with Nirvana mentions, and I don't think it has to do with Kurt's suicide at this point more just hating any focus on his past band he was less the only focus in.

Idk what I'm saying, he's very likeable, I just can't put a finger on what kind of is like 'okay, we get it'

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, .437 beats .40 said:

So do we still like Dave Grohl? I feel like I like him a lot as a musician, personality or whatever, but the whole saving rock music thing I'm not sure I like. 

Some songs are incredible (Times Like These, Everlong), most songs feel like pop covered up in rock music. Which is fine, but every interview he goes on about some thrash metal band like okay dude we get it.

Also, kind of acts like Tom towards blink with Nirvana mentions, and I don't think it has to do with Kurt's suicide at this point more just hating any focus on his past band he was less the only focus in.

Idk what I'm saying, he's very likeable, I just can't put a finger on what kind of is like 'okay, we get it'

I can’t remember the last time I cared about the Foo Fighters. It all just got so stale. I’m sure a song comes out here and there that I would like but never enough interest to keep up with an album Or whatever.

Also the whole “nicest guy in rock” feels kinda fake to me and like you said the “saving rock and roll” just feels like a huge ego that comes back to that fake feeling I get.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, .437 beats .40 said:

Yeah - ‘ooooh; I broke my leg! Rock on!!!!’ And I swear like he lays claim to being influenced by EVERY fucking band. Pops up in the Descendants documentary, then plays on stage with Bob Mould - duck off bro I’m trying to watch YouTube

• Haha 1