Game of Thrones - Season 8

Nasa

22 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

I was pretty bored with Bran for a few seasons, but I think his storyline is going to pay off.

Came here to post this. It's almost inevitable that he's going to be involved in a big twist; I love all the possibilities his character has. It'll be cool to see if he is actually Bran the Builder, or the Night King, or if he somehow defeats the Night King. 

Finally was able to watch the premiere, thought it was ok, but that they will need to severely pick up the pace if there's truly only 5 episodes left?

Anyway, spoilers ahead on some interesting points I read here.

Spoiler

So the kid was killed by the white walkers, came back alive as one, they lit him on fire, and then he turned into a symbol...which is apparently the Targaryen symbol. Combine that with the supposed fact that only Targaryens can ride dragons, (which is why Jon could last night), and obviously Daenerys can. The Night King rode one in S7... so people are thinking he may be a Targaryen? I didn't rewatch the series or even last season prior to the newest episode to get a refresher, but the true "father" of Jon Snow that was revealed (Rhaeger Targaryen), could he be the Night King??? 

Anyway, interested to see if/how Jon approaches Daenerys on the "I'm King" subject...and how she reacts.

I'm not sure how much Targaryenness matters to a dead dragon that's being controlled by the character riding it. Also not sure how much Targaryenness matters to living dragons in the context of the show since Daenerys just told Jon to hop on and presumably she'd have been told that only Targaryens can ride dragons and also assuming she didn't want him to die then and there.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

Man, this show has gotten so dumb lately. Still like watching it, but yeah, it's gotten so fan servicey.

I don't think it's fan service, since Martin is still involved and his blue prints are still being followed. 

It's just too condensed. These last two seasons should have been 3-4 seasons to have more dialogue and slow the pace a bit. They've unnecessarily condensed the last two seasons for some inexplicable reason. Everything has been dumbed down and sped up. The earlier seasons that were more faithful to the books had more focus on dialogue and minor characters. 

8 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

the night king is a two-bit serial killer leaving messages for them to find.

I really hope they flesh out his character over the next few episodes, or explain the Children of the Forest's motives behind creating him. Otherwise I'd agree, he's a stupidly one dimensional villain at this point. 

1 hour ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

I don't think it's fan service, since Martin is still involved and his blue prints are still being followed. 

It's just too condensed. These last two seasons should have been 3-4 seasons to have more dialogue and slow the pace a bit. They've unnecessarily condensed the last two seasons for some inexplicable reason. Everything has been dumbed down and sped up. The earlier seasons that were more faithful to the books had more focus on dialogue and minor characters. 

“What do dragons eat?”

looks at camera “Whatever they want...”

?

• Haha 2

On 4/19/2019 at 10:26 AM, _Kyle_ said:

Man, this show has gotten so dumb lately. Still like watching it, but yeah, it's gotten so fan servicey.

This episode was even worse in that regard. Arya and Gendry having sex made me think they invited a fanfic author as a guest writer. And I enjoyed the scene where Brienne was knighted, but it was cheesy as hell.

I liked this episode. Thoughts:

There was no way Arya and Gendry's scene wasn't going to make me laugh, hahaha. I don't think there's any way they could've handled that well. I also think it means Gendry is going to die. I loved Arya's energy in that scene, though. Such a dom. My heart.

I LOVED seeing Jorah and Lyanna Mormont together!

I liked Brienne's scene. I agree that it was cheesy, but it also felt genuine and well done.

Daenerys and Sansa's conversation was awesome. I think it was the best dialogue of the episode.

Theon and Sansa's reunion was so nice.

I'm surprised Jon told Dany about his parentage so early. I thought that he would wait until after the war.

I'm excited for a 50+ minute battle!