Game of Thrones - Season 8

Nasa

I kind of like this slow buildup. Though it makes me appreciate how I binged the first six seasons of this show. Watching it like that it never felt like the show got too slow or boring,  because I'd watch multiple episodes a day. Watching only one episode per week definitely makes it feel like a little more of a drag. A big part of me wanted to wait until the season  was finished and then binge the whole thing, but I knew I wouldn't be able to avoid spoilers. I think that would have been the best way to watch it though.

But I liked it. Basically an entire episode of seeing how people deal with what they assume to be their last day alive is a cool concept.

And yeah, the Brienne scene was probably my favorite part, cheesiness and all.

• Like 1

I actually really liked this episode.  Tormund is lowkey the greatest thing about this episode. When he looks a Brienne and says we'll die together and smiles, I laughed out loud. That was such a good hype episode for the battle to come. After Jon tells Danny about being the true heir, Im wondering if one somehow kiils/lets the other one die in battler in order to try to take the throne, there was definitely some tension there.

Can someone refresh me on why Sansa was so happy to see Theon? I know he grew up in Winterfell but im drawing a blank on why she was so happy to see him.

Also since they mentioned him this episode, is there still any thought to the idea Stanis isnt actually dead because they didnt actually show him die technically? Or is that basically done with?

1 hour ago, knapton said:

I actually really liked this episode.  Tormund is lowkey the greatest thing about this episode. When he looks a Brienne and says we'll die together and smiles, I laughed out loud. That was such a good hype episode for the battle to come. After Jon tells Danny about being the true heir, Im wondering if one somehow kiils/lets the other one die in battler in order to try to take the throne, there was definitely some tension there.

Can someone refresh me on why Sansa was so happy to see Theon? I know he grew up in Winterfell but im drawing a blank on why she was so happy to see him.

Also since they mentioned him this episode, is there still any thought to the idea Stanis isnt actually dead because they didnt actually show him die technically? Or is that basically done with?

Theon saved her and helped her escape, and stanis is dead no way brianne was saving him lol might see him as a white walker tho, im sure we will see alot of dead characters from before come back as them

Ugh. I was muttering angrily at my TV when arya started talking sex. I kept saying dont you do it. Dont you fucking do it. And she did it. I feel like I just watched my niece strip down. 

So much cheese. Hopefully everyone with any shred of history has met up because I cant handle anymore feel good cliche. If I hear Tyrion start another sentence with, "well who would have thought we'd end up here." I'm going to lose my mind. 

30 minutes ago, prankerd14 said:

Theon saved her and helped her escape, and stanis is dead no way brianne was saving him lol might see him as a white walker tho, im sure we will see alot of dead characters from before come back as them

Stannis. Now there's a man you can set your watch to. 

So, who do we think is gonna die next week?

I'm thinking Theon's a goner for sure. Brienne and Jorah, probably... maybe Tormund and Gendry. Jaime seems kind of likely, but I think he's going to end up killing Cersei, so I'm gonna say he lives. I could see Arya dying too.

I could see Brienne dieing now. They gave a nice happy scene and now its time to go. 

Also, now apparently Bran is the most important person in all the land? That came out of nowhere.  His character is really so fucked up. 

34 minutes ago, knapton said:

I could see Brienne dieing now. They gave a nice happy scene and now its time to go. 

Also, now apparently Bran is the most important person in all the land? That came out of nowhere.  His character is really so fucked up. 

What? I feel like we've been watching different shows.

• Like 1

Death predictions:

- Theon: for sure

- Brienne: seems likely

- Gendry: seems rather likely

- Grey Worm: I would be surprised if he didn't

- Tormund: possibly

- Jorah: maybe

- Pod: seems likely

I don't think Jaime will die because he has to wrap up things with Cersei. I still think that Arya's going to die, but not in this episode.

1 hour ago, Nasa said:

Bran has always been important. We've known that he's the Three-Eyed Raven and that the Night King always knows where he is for a few seasons now.

I feel like i had no idea. I forget a lot of the shit thats happened in this show

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, knapton said:

I feel like i had no idea. I forget a lot of the shit thats happened in this show

haha yeah, I feel that. When Davos Seaworth showed up last episode (I don't remember if he was in the first episode of this season), I was like, he looks so familiar, but who the fuck is he?

12 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Yeah, I’ve forgotten so much. I was planning on rewatching everything before this season started but I only watched the first two episodes of season 1 and then got distracted by other things.

I seriously question people who have enough time to rewatch something like Game of Thrones, HOW MUCH TIME DO THOSE PEOPLE HAVE? must be about 70 hours or something. 

• Haha 1