Game of Thrones - Season 8

Nasa

I think Dany will try to scorch Jon next episode and he’ll walk out of the flames and everyone will turn on Dany. He’ll fuck off and live the rest of his days with the wildlings and Sansa will take the throne 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Scott. said:

I think Dany will try to scorch Jon next episode and he’ll walk out of the flames and everyone will turn on Dany. He’ll fuck off and live the rest of his days with the wildlings and Sansa will take the throne 

Him getting torched and then being unharmed, in turn everyone making him king, doesnt seem to far fetched

• Like 1

Had a hard time avoiding spoilers all day yesterday, and still clearly got the vibe that it was the worst episode in the history of television...watched it last night and loved it.

Varys getting what he deserves after 7 seasons of being a sly tattle tale. Tyrion's heart to heart with Jamie.  Cersei watching her kingdom fall, refusing to accept it, then dying helplessly in her lover's arms...Dany being absolutely brutal, the Hound fight... just great stuff. 

The Starks will find a way to take Dany down. No way Sansa let's Dany rule. 

• Like 2

While this doesn't make me very knowledgably of the series beyond the show (I've never gone back outside of occasional episodes or scenes), I have watched this show since season 1 had just ended. So far it is entirely evident it has dropped in considerable quality despite being one of the best acted and looking shows, maybe ever. The writing, which was the show's anchor throughout most of the run, is just not what it once was. To deny this, is just being stubborn. The show isn't what it once was and I'm relieved it is going to end. I can stop caring.

While I will say I think this was the best episode of the season (so far) in my humble estimation, just from the visual standpoint/acting/action of it all, it is still lacking that emotional punch I desired. In the end, it carries a mish-mash of good to so-so in terms of plotting, character choices, and satisfaction in the finality of it all. I am clearly not alone in this thinking, and I've slept on it to warrant my response.

I also say they kind of made Jamie's entire arc redundant and have undone everything we've watch him do until this point. It just felt flat. Logical (I definitely think he is capable of this) or not, nothing really feels earned or intriguing about it. I did love his scene with Tyrion though, truly moving. That for me, was the best scene in the entire episode. I agree that subverting expectations can sometimes be interesting, but this felt like subversion for the sake of subversion.

• Like 2

I don’t really mind Jamie’s conclusion at all. In the end he went back out of love for Cersei, and he tried to save her because she was the only person he cared about. It’s not like he went back because he suddenly became evil again. I think their death scene was fitting and I genuinely felt sorry for Cersei when she was scared to die. I didn’t expect to feel compassion for a character that was such an evil person during all those seasons. But yeah this was mostly because of the excellent acting and less because of the writing in the end. 

Count me as one of the few that thinks this season has actually been brilliant. But it definitely has flaws. I feel the episode just gone was superb. One of my favourite ever episodes. The problem is like many have been stating, they should've took more time building towards it. It feels rushed. It feels like Tom DeLonge coming back to blink just to make a 4-5 song EP then quitting again. Would probably make brilliant songs but we know an album could've been way better.

First 2 episodes was on the right track. Slow paced and built up well. 3rd episode was great but very unexpected IMO. I was kind of disappointed that the White Walkers were just finished like that. I assumed they'd conquer Winterfell and then march towards King's Landing, with some of the guys like Jon Snow retreating to Kings Landing. That's what I was expecting anyway. And I also was expecting an actual fight of Jon Snow v The Night King.

4th episode was the worst one and the one I didn't like. That's where everything went rushed IMO. One whole episode was all it took to get to Kings Landing. I swear it used to take like 3-4 episodes for an army to march to another place. I feel like there should've been 2 more episodes between the 3rd and 4th one. Possibly another 2 episodes between the 4th and 5th one. Takes it to 10 episodes. They never should've stopped doing 10 episodes IMO. It was like they took the main story but started to ignore the tiny details to build that story.

Think of it this way. Ned was taken as prisoner in episode 7 of season 1. He's executed in episode 9. Missandei was taken in episode 4 of this current season and 10-20 minutes later of the same episode she's dead. It was rushed. They needed to turn that episode into 2-3 episodes and drag the story to add more detail to it.

• Like 1

This season would always be split because of everyone’s character coming to an end. I’ve just got a feeling we’re in for a terrible last episode. 

How long is the last ep? I can’t believe we’re coming to an end. I’m fucking gutted tbh. I could do another 8 seasons easily. 

Did I read that they’re doing a spin off? Or have I completely made that up?

20 minutes ago, Scott. said:

This season would always be split because of everyone’s character coming to an end. I’ve just got a feeling we’re in for a terrible last episode. 

How long is the last ep? I can’t believe we’re coming to an end. I’m fucking gutted tbh. I could do another 8 seasons easily. 

You can google it for more info, but RailRoad says they got at least 3 in development.

19 hours ago, knapton said:

anyone else find it weird that the mountain looks earily similar to Varys? That was kinda weird.  I was about to get so pissed off with their fight when it seemed like the Mountain was un killable, but then the way they ended it was satisfying.  Im not horribly mad at what happened this episode but it was kinda depressing watching Dany go full send into mad king mode.

The best comment I saw on reddit:

"You should have gone for the head."

- the mountain to the hound

5 hours ago, Scott. said:

I never kept up with the show, catching it here and there, but never got heavily invested, however, my understanding is that both this season and season 7 had the options of being 10 episodes long, and optionally could have gone on a 9th season, but D&D apparently wanted to wrap it up quicker than that.  But based on everything I'm hearing, at the very least this series could really benefit from the 4 extra episodes this season alone could have received.  Even if one enjoys what I understand to be the most disappointing season of this series, surely they'd still appreciate if this last season were longer to fully flesh out the series and not rush everything to an end.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, M!ke said:

I never kept up with the show, catching it here and there, but never got heavily invested, however, my understanding is that both this season and season 7 had the options of being 10 episodes long, and optionally could have gone on a 9th season, but D&D apparently wanted to wrap it up quicker than that.  But based on everything I'm hearing, at the very least this series could really benefit from the 4 extra episodes this season alone could have received.  Even if one enjoys what I understand to be the most disappointing season of this series, surely they'd still appreciate if this last season were longer to fully flesh out the series and not rush everything to an end.

Yeah HBO offered them full seasons and they said 'nah' because they want to wrap it up and get on with Star Wars.

Good luck to Star Wars fans, these two bozos are at the helm. 

It really seems like they've used little amount of episodes to force things to GRRM's ends without actually considering the realism of how those characters would get there, because they're bored of GoT. Mad queen aspect was rushed and not well developed in the last two seasons (it's foreshadowed and I definitely think it makes sense but now how they did it), Jaime's entire redemption arc was pointless because apparently he doesn't give a shit about innocent people again, which makes him standing up to Cersei, bothering to travel up to winterfell to fight the dead and be with Brienne completely unnecessary and added nothing (except...SUBVERTING EXPECTATIIIIOOONSSSS). Tyrion has forgotten he's supposed to be intelligent and doesn't remember anything about his sister nor take note of the massive warning signs about Daenarys, Jon has forgotten that he's able to say other words than "She's my queen" and "I don't want it" which may be because his mental circuits have fried by being completely neutered in every aspect of his arc so far, hell even Davos forgot he isn't much of a fighter and stormed in the front like a baller and not like someone who hasn't got a goddamn clue what he's doing. 

I am one of the few people that's totally chill with Arya killing the Night King and generally being a badass but even I thought her ridiculous plot armour was way too thick in that last episode, also why the fuck did they focus on her so much? she showed up to do...nothing...so why did they spend so much time showing her falling over repeatedly? They wanted a character to show the destruction to the innocent on the ground level, but choosing her seemed like a bad choice. there's no urgency or fear that she'll die there because we know she's survived ridiculous feats before. Should've been Davos or even Tyrion, would've made much more sense and added more tension. 

I also can't get over Jaime wambling to that hidden entrance that allegedly sod all people know about with the ship by the little beach and OH LOOK WHO JUST MAGICALLY CLIMBED OUT OF THE OCEAN TOTALLY CHILL its so stupid. 

• Like 2