Game of Thrones - Season 8

Nasa

17 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

Also I wonder if they went with 6 episodes because it would be a lot easier on the budget? In that the actors would only get 6 paychecks instead of 10? No clue if that's true, but that to me is the only reason they didn't go for more.

They went with six episodes solely because D&D said fuck the lot of it were done and we won’t give up the show for someone else. HBO wanted seasons 7 and 8 full seasons plus they tried to get D&D to do a ninth season but they refused to sign on. HBO also said in interviews the original plan was they wanted ten seasons.

6 hours ago, NotNow said:

They went with six episodes solely because D&D said fuck the lot of it were done and we won’t give up the show for someone else. HBO wanted seasons 7 and 8 full seasons plus they tried to get D&D to do a ninth season but they refused to sign on. HBO also said in interviews the original plan was they wanted ten seasons.

I can't imagine not wanting to do at least 8 full seasons. But hey, I don't know what it's like having Star Wars waiting.

49 minutes ago, NotNow said:

They decided this before they had Star Wars waiting.

Like officially, or before they were offered it? Because they didn't say it, doesn't mean it wasn't already offered to them.

Remember that time we all loved Stannis the mannis? Good times. I just realised he was my one true king and will always be my one true king. 

(Hot take: he burned his own daughter but he was still cool to me because he was unwaveringly principled and duty-bound to protect the realm - he should have been king. I've been dying on that hill forever but I still believe it.)

11 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

Like officially, or before they were offered it? Because they didn't say it, doesn't mean it wasn't already offered to them.

They decided on the 7 and 6 episodes before season 7 was even filmed. That was over three years ago. I highly highly doubt they were offered it then nor Disney even had plans for this trilogy at that time. Everything they’re doing with Star Wars got flipped on it’s head after the last Jedi.

21 hours ago, NotNow said:

It’s starting to look like it’s because they don’t have source material to rely on and the quality of the writing has taken a hit as a result.

11 hours ago, Elisa said:

Remember that time we all loved Stannis the mannis? Good times. I just realised he was my one true king and will always be my one true king. 

(Hot take: he burned his own daughter but he was still cool to me because he was unwaveringly principled and duty-bound to protect the realm - he should have been king. I've been dying on that hill forever but I still believe it.)

yeah I hated Stannis haha 

hilariously Robert Baratheon might have been the best choice for the throne after all, and he was right about wanting to get rid of Daenarys lol

9 hours ago, NotNow said:

They decided on the 7 and 6 episodes before season 7 was even filmed. That was over three years ago. I highly highly doubt they were offered it then nor Disney even had plans for this trilogy at that time. Everything they’re doing with Star Wars got flipped on it’s head after the last Jedi.

Well it was announced 2 years ago they were making a KOTOR movie. I'm sure they were at least in talks with Disney before then. Seems likely.

12 hours ago, Elisa said:

5ebJyAL_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Ghent said:

They haven't announced it is a KOTOR movie, although I'm hoping and suspect that it will be.

it makes sense though. I'm sure somebody at Disney put Game of Thrones and lightsabers together and said "hey, let's do this".