Game of Thrones - Season 8

Nasa

I’m satisfied with that ending...they wrapped everything up surprisingly well. But I still think the dragon should have been seen flying above Jon at the end or something. 

Talk about leaving the storyline set up for future sequels though! Feels like I should be ready for the next season now. The show that can never end

• Like 2

I dunno how to feel right now. Overall I liked it but my mind is rejecting it's over. 

Bran though.......................... I wanted more explanation on his weirdness. I wanted him to be night king incarnate. I wanted him to do something. this is my biggest feel of unsatisfaction. 

The sendoffs were good though. Glad jon wound up with the free folk. 

• Like 1

Yeah it would have been nice to have a huge Bran twist somehow. Seems like his story with the three eyed raven/children of the forest/Night King could have added some kind of last minute plot resolution..

Did the final Daenerys/Jon scene remind anyone else of Padme/Anakin on Mustafar in Episode 3? Daenerys in the role of Anakin. 

“We can rule the galaxy side by side!!!!1 Make a perfect world in our vision!!1!!”

• Like 1

I just hate how it was like stab, then she doesnt even say a word, then carried off by the dragon. Gone, her whole story is over in a flash.  

I guess the line that sealed her fate was "they wont have a choice"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ghent said:

Yeah it would have been nice to have a huge Bran twist somehow. Seems like his story with the three eyed raven/children of the forest/Night King could have added some kind of last minute plot resolution..

Yeah, I like the theory that he was also Bran the Builder who built the wall generations ago. Like when he manipulated time with Hodor, but instead knowing to build the wall because of the Night King.

The ending played it too safe. It had some good scenes, but I was expecting more deaths and twists. Also why did they bother mentioning the Prince of Dorne a few episodes ago only to never have him do anything in the storyline? The creators made some pretty baffling, inexplicably dumb decisions over the last couple of seasons. 

Time to wrap up the books George RR Martin, so we get the ending the series deserves. 

I really liked it. Didn't see Bran ending up on the throne (err... if there was still a throne) but I like it.

It totally does feel like it's still not over though. It feels like it's setting up for Season 9. But it's done. Which is weird.

I'm happy with how it ended up. The last two seasons did feel extremely fast-paced in comparison with the rest of the show, but I didn't mind too much. I'd love to rewatch the entire show now that I know how it ends to pick up on details I might have missed and to understand things that I didn't get the first time around. I doubt I will anytime soon, but it'd be fun to do eventually.

Eh but of an anticlimax. Dany is just stabbed and done. See ya later. I liked Jon ending up with the wildlings. Greyworm annoys me. I agree with what people are saying that it feels like there Should be another season but this is it. 

7 hours ago, Ghent said:

Did the final Daenerys/Jon scene remind anyone else of Padme/Anakin on Mustafar in Episode 3? Daenerys in the role of Anakin. 

“We can rule the galaxy side by side!!!!1 Make a perfect world in our vision!!1!!”

Honestly there have been a lot of Prequel vibes this past season.

Also, I thought it was pretty meh and honestly I would be in favor of them re-doing the last season.

• Like 1

I don’t understand Jon’s punishment. What’s the point of the night’s watch if there are no more white walkers and everyone is at peace with the wildlings? And why are they still acting like the Wall still has some kind of importance when there’s a huge gap in it?

• Like 1

Drogon being clever enough to understand that the real enemy was the throne is the most character development we've seen this season. He's the real hero. Plus Ghost and Drogon show more feelings than anyone else in the finale, and this says a lot about the acting lol ?? it wasn't a great finale, but it was fine.

11 minutes ago, Thomas D. said:

I don’t understand Jon’s punishment. What’s the point of the night’s watch if there are no more white walkers and everyone is at peace with the wildlings? And why are they still acting like the Wall still has some kind of importance when there’s a huge gap in it?

I'm like, mostly convinced RailRoad gave them a shit ending and is laughing about it.

Either that or he's worse with endings than JJ Abrams.

Like why would everyone rally around the least charismatic (not to mention disabled) person to be king? One who doesn't really seem all that interested.

It's a bonkers ending.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

but it is cool they invented democracy and quickly shut that shit down. lol

I liked that part. I was worried for a second that they'd go along with it, which would have actually been the least realistic thing in a show featuring dragons and magic.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

I liked that part. I was worried for a second that they'd go along with it, which would have actually been the least realistic thing in a show featuring dragons and magic.

Felt like such a troll on the audience haha, I liked that part too.

• Like 1