Game of Thrones - Season 8

Nasa

Fucking hell is that it? Meh. It was ok. Dany’s death was fucking terrible though, it was so obvious. I liked the ending for the Starks. Sansa ? glad Tyrion gets an ending too. 

It just feels so underwhelming, the show should have gone out on a high ffs. Arya killing the NK is the ending the show deserved, another 20 mins after that scene to wrap everything up. But that episode should of been the end. The whole mad queen storyline I fucking hated tbh. 

• Like 3

Danys death caught me by surprise. I was actually sitting there getting pissed that Jon was going to be a bitch and crumble to her. 

And at first I thought that she was the one who stabbed him. 

4 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Danys death caught me by surprise. I was actually sitting there getting pissed that Jon was going to be a bitch and crumble to her. 

And at first I thought that she was the one who stabbed him. 

I kinda thought she stabbed him for a second too, then they kept kissing for a second or two and i thought no one got stabbed.  You knew it was coming though.

This whole final season is kinda a huge disservice to this show.  While overall it was fun, it was always going to be, its still Game of Thrones at the end of the day. It just lacked anything deeper though. The fact that they teased the white walkers for so long, built up this big huge war, only to have him just get killed like any other person, and then just completely move on, was some of the dumbest shit it.  They dropped the ball on Bran so much.  Ok so hes the 3 eyed raven, so what? They shouldve talked about his connection with the Night King more and told more back story.  Think of how in depth Hodor's story was, and then compare it to how basic some of the shit this season was.  How in depth Joffrey was, and then this season.  Fucking Cersei was basically pointless this season.  Think of confused this show could make you, and how much stuff there was to remember, then think of how this season was basically just big major plot points.

They just really dropped the ball this season.  Like i said, still a fun show, but only because of the big on the surface stuff.

• Like 3

As one of the few who loved the first 5 episodes of this season, the finale was quite underwhelming to me. The tension with Dany & Jon/Tyrion on the steps seemed destined for a great episode, but after the Dany/Jon scene it just flat out got boring. I kept anticipating some grand moment with Sansa/Arya/Jon and it’s just like Tyrion talking...yay. 

Hopefully a proper prequel/sequel of some sort starts up ASAP.

It wasn't the worst episode of the season, I think that was the 5th episode, but as a show finale it was really quite boring. 

I also think they just really framed the episodes badly. I think you could've ended episode 5 with the bells scene, where she starts up and everyones like 'oh fuck' and then you have to wait a week, and the focus of the final is the destruction she causes, the deaths, the whole tyrant imagery and then the show ending on Jon having to stop Dany and Dragon melting the throne. leave it at "the iron throne is gone, everyones dead, thats what you get ya dicks". 

I also think it's bananas that Mad Queen Daenarys who's paranoid and suspicious of Jon would just chill chat with him and make out and be surprised that he stabbed her. I mean come on, really? how did she not for-see that possibility? especially with what happened with Tyrion?

I also find the whole Bran takes the throne thing really sinister. considering his power and abilities (a lot of which no one knows the true depths of considering how bungled it's developed in the show) he could've literally orchestrated for thousands to die just so he could get the throne. I mean think about what he's let happen and is just rollin' and chill about it to end up king? No king at all makes more sense than Bran at the helm, he could easily be the most dangerous person in the world of GoT. 

Bran ffs. The writers completely shit themselves. We’ll just choose someone who’s meh so we don’t upset to many people. It had to be Jon ffs. There should of been a scene where Jon killed her in front of everyone, drogon tries to kill him but he walks out of the flames as king. Fuck off. What is the fucking point of Jon Snow otherwise. They’ve been building him up for 8 years for what? They’ve completely fucked this season. 2 seasons they were meant to be writing and they’ve crammed it into 6 episodes so they can start writing Star Wars which they’ll completely fuck too. 

Bronn is the real winner. That cunt was just fucking chilling all the way through and now look at him. What a baller

• Like 2

Fucking Bram. I knew this was gonna happen. The most useless character EVER. They could have put a dog in a chair and the result would have been the same.

To me it all feels too hurried up. It's all too rushed and WTFd.

Overall, I like the wrap up, but don't like the feel of this season.

Felt episode 4 of this season was the worst of the entire series until the finale. Everything was just rushed. I didn't even know Jon Snow was arrested until we saw him in his cell. Had the idea that he went off on the run when they were asking Tyrion where Jon Snow was. In the older seasons, we would've seen him get arrested. The writers just decided to fast track everything from episode 4 and onwards.

1 minute ago, Russel Coight said:

Didn’t GRRM tell them the ending though? Like he laid out the main points but they had to figure out how to get there?

Yeah, he had a list, they've had it since like season 5 or 6 I think. GRRM has had the ending planned since the beginning, allegedly.