Game of Thrones - Season 8

Nasa

Alan Rickman just mentioned Game of Thrones in another thread, and I just remembered that a new teaser came out. So I figured that I’d start the thread for this season soon rather than later. April 14th can’t come soon enough!! I’m FUCKING pumped.

Any thoughts on the teaser?

• Like 4

Jon Snow Lives and takes the Throne

Sansa and Arya die of white walker cock

Denerisuisuss dies doing something noble. Probably killed by cersei. The kingdom sees her sacrifice and says "Targaryeans are sexy bitches. Hooray Jon"

Jamie gets killed by Cersei

Tyrion.... It will break me heart when he kills Cersei but winds up getting killed in the process.

Can't think of anyone else of note at the moment. All i know is I love Tormund.

• Haha 1

If they let Jon get a throne of any kind, then anything GRRM said about GoT subverting fairy tale tropes is invalid, hah.

I think Sansa will live, and I hope to God that Arya lives, although I have a sinking feeling that she won’t. Dany will die for sure, as will Jaime and Cersei. I think Tyrion will live. And Bran won’t be Bran anymore and will just live in retreat from everyone else.

So stoked. Isn't it confirmed that every episode will be like 2 hours long? Pretty much a movie every single week. I'm really looking forward to seeing that epic war scene that took 55 days to film.

My bets on who survives: Tyrion, Gendry, Jaime, Sansa, Theon, and Varys. Maybe Bran/Davos/Bronn/Sandor Clegane as well. 

Jon Snow is an interesting one because I think it will be cheap to kill him twice. His death will have lost significance and be less impactful since he's already died once. 

Other predictions: Bran is responsible for killing the Night King through his powers as the Three Eye Raven. Viserion (the dragon the Night King killed and resurrected) kills Rhaegal (green dragon), and then Drogon (with Daenerys riding on him) kills Viserion. 

Gendry becomes rightful king after everyone is slaughtered and appoints Tyrion as his Hand. 

Hoping that Clegane Bowl becomes a thing. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Watched this the other day:

The TL;DR is that when the Night King is about to die, he will transfer into Bran's body based on his warg abilities (like the guy warging into the eagle when he died to Jon Snow). I know there's theories that Bran is the Night King, but I like this one more.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I woudn't mind Jon taking the throne but that's the predictable route. If it's written well, then I'm gonna be happy with it. I think the whole series is written pretty damn well, so even if he does take it, it'll be done well.

I wanna see the Hound v the Mountain though. That's the fight I've been waiting for. I'm predicting the Hound to kill him but he himself will die from his wounds or something.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

I woudn't mind Jon taking the throne but that's the predictable route. If it's written well, then I'm gonna be happy with it. I think the whole series is written pretty damn well, so even if he does take it, it'll be done well.

I wanna see the Hound v the Mountain though. That's the fight I've been waiting for. I'm predicting the Hound to kill him but he himself will die from his wounds or something.

It would be awesome if the Hound survives and is appointed Lord Commander of the Kingsguard (assuming Jaime and Cersei die or fuck off). 

17 hours ago, darkarrow said:

I got so bored with the last two seasons. Show fell off hard.

They definitely fucked up the pacing. Too much happened too quickly. This is one of the rare times in television where they should have stretched things out more and had more scenes with good dialogue over action.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...