Game of Thrones - Season 8

Nasa

10 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

Jaime and Brienne having sex was so dumb. I get that they have deep respect and admiration for each other and I can even get on board with platonic love for each other, but not a sexual relationship. Gross.

And damn, didn't expect Missandei to go out like that.

Brienne is too ugly to snag Jaime Lannister peen. I like their friendship, but I'd rather her have lost her V-card to Tormund.

Poor Gendry getting shut down by Arya. What are her and the hound up to? She doesn't plan on surviving? Surely she could survive a Cersei murder if that's what she has cooking

My thoughts:

- I liked the opening celebration. That was some fun stuff.

- I loved Arya turning down Gendry. So in character.

- I HATED Jaime and Brienne’s scene. Hated it hated it hated it. So out of character and so fucking stupid. It made Arya and Gendry’s scene look like high art. And at least that one made sense. But I do like how Jaime and Brienne’s scene gave them the opportunity to illustrate how Jaime is a shitty person and put a dent in his redemption arc.

- Bronn’s scene was dumb. I can’t take him seriously. He’s one-dimensional and only here for comic relief, so trying to play him off as serious just didn’t work. 

- Daenerys made several dumb decisions that cost her, especially not listening to Sansa telling her they should give the troops some time to recuperate.

I thought it was interesting that they didn’t show Sansa and Arya’s reaction after Bran told them about Jon’s true parentage, and I think that was on purpose. After that convo, Arya heads South because she has unfinished business, and Sansa tells Tyrion that Jon would make a good ruler. My thinking—especially with next episode’s title being “The Last of the Starks,” which is something Arya said in the godswood during the convo—is that the Stark siblings hatched a plan.

Sansa told Tyrion the info knowing he’d bring it up to Varys, who always has the interests of the realm in mind, and considering that it seems Daenerys is going to go Mad Queen (and if not, she still wouldn’t be a good ruler), Jon would be next in mind for the throne. Except he doesn’t want it. So I think he’s going to kill Daenerys after she goes Mad Queen for the good of the realm because he’s the Good Guy, except because he loves her, he’ll be heartbroken and live the rest of his days in self-imposed exile, not ruling anything. This brings Sansa to the Iron Throne. And I think Arya is going to kill Cersei.

That’s how I think the show will end. I just feel like there were big dialogue giveaways in this episode that support it. I hope they prove me wrong. And the biggest hole in my theory is Jaime. It’s unclear where he fits in there.

• Like 4

Good post

I definitely think a plan was hatched in the Godswood, but is Jon privy to it? He seems oblivious to Daenarys' increasingly sketch behavior. I don't think he would personally be involved in any kind of plan that was at her expense since he bent the knee.

He might be. If Dany goes crazy and destroys everyone and everything in King’s Landing, then I think there’s a good chance he would overcome his love for her and then kill her. But I think that will happen regardless of whether or not he knows about the plan. 

I think there's still a chance that the kingdom's are split. Jon ends up back at the wall, rebuilding the Night's Watch as king of the north. Sansa rules Winterfell...Tyrion or Daenarys rule the south?

1 hour ago, Nasa said:

especially with next episode’s title being “The Last of the Starks,” 

update: this most recent episode's title was "The Last of the Starks." Whoops, hahaha. But still. What I have predicted is how I would prefer it to end.

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

Could be some foreshadowing of some kind when Jon tells his wolf to go North where he belongs

That happened with Ned too (pretty sure it’s mentioned that he belongs in the North prior to his death). 

Episode was pretty good. The ambush was a bit ridiculous (how do you get taken by surprise by a huge fleet of ships and blindly fly in?), and there’s no way Jon’s dragon would die that easily the way they are described in the books (the arrows wouldn’t pierce the scales).

I’m excited to see who the Prince of Dorne is that was referenced. 

Jaime going back to Cersei makes me think he’s going to try to assassinate her. He’s rational enough to know she’s the villain here and his character arc will need to come to a head soon as he’s been pretty useless lately in terms of impact on the storyline.

So today I mentioned my observation on the hound's appearance to the office and the crazy said, "well the show probably doesnt have the money to do as good of a job on the makeup like they used to." I cant believe this is the shit that's infuriating me in my early 30s. 

• Haha 4

41 minutes ago, Kay said:

Poor Brienne, such a bad shag Jaime felt the need to face certain death just for a shot of incest flesh again. 

Dunno. Think he railed her two nights in a row. Fucking state of Brienne though. Finally gets her vag stuffed and turns into a quivering fucking mess. Ooooh please stay with me Jamie. Big hard Brienne defeated by cock

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Alan Rickman said:

Lol I'll have to go back and watch but that looks fake to me. 

It’s real. I checked after I saw that pic all over social media.

Jon’s definitely gonna kill dany once she goes full mad queen. Stab her right through the heart. I still reckon there’s a chance he’ll get cercei too and win dany the throne before offing her.

• Like 1