Game of Thrones - Season 8

Nasa

They're seem to be two types of GOT fans now, those that are hypersensitive to every little thing that is wrong with the show and those that blindly lap it all up and think it's still brilliant despite there clearly being some obvious issues with the writing.

I am of course in the middle of these two views because I'm fucking sick and am wiser than all of you. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

They're seem to be two types of GOT fans now, those that are hypersensitive to every little thing that is wrong with the show and those that blindly lap it all up and think it's still brilliant despite there clearly being some obvious issues with the writing.

I am of course in the middle of these two views because I'm fucking sick and am wiser than all of you. 

It's weird for me because I was never a huge fan to begin with, I was a begrudging fan for the first few seasons because my friends forced me to watch it and then I was just used to watching it later on. It's why I find this turn in the writing towards the end so ridiculous because I wasn't a huge fan from the start but I recognised what the show was good at, so looking at it now I'm like "what the actual damn hell have they done?" I'm just glad I'm not emotionally invested in it, that'd really suck. 

• Like 1

Thats the start of this, but Kit Harrington calling the season 'disappointing' and Peter Dinklage being amazed that Tyrion is suddenly stupid is brilliant. 

3 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

Honestly I've been "yeah I like it" crowd for a long, long time. I never loved the series but I understood it had considerable merit and was very unique in a lot of ways. I still like it, but it's gotten stupid in some regards. Things I could point out and I'm not that smart.

This show could end in musical chairs and I wouldn't really give a shit. I'm just calling it as it is. There's a lot of dumb things in these last seasons. I think RailRoad left it and basically it went to shit. Hell, he might be doing things entirely differently in his books just based on the reactions to the show. It would be a great test run for him to get rid of any bad ideas and make changes. That way the books "will always be better".  

b3h8sbkdxvx21.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Pretty much....

• Haha 2

Also I wonder if they went with 6 episodes because it would be a lot easier on the budget? In that the actors would only get 6 paychecks instead of 10? No clue if that's true, but that to me is the only reason they didn't go for more.

15 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

What do you think about series 8 so far? 

Personally don't like the way they've wrapped up certain arcs, but have still been enjoying the fuck out of it.

Sucks they had to rush the finish like this. They dragged boring arcs out for too long in previous seasons and have rushed the fuck out of the end

• Like 1

Twin Peaks got bad in season 2 (I'd argue for like 4 episodes tops) and then David Lynch came back and it was amazing again. I'm sure in no time RailRoad will put on his little choo-choo hat and steer this loco right.

5 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

Twin Peaks got bad in season 2 (I'd argue for like 4 episodes tops) and then David Lynch came back and it was amazing again. I'm sure in no time RailRoad will put on his little cho-cho hat and steer this loco right.

There's literally only one episode left for that to happen.

I thought Jamie's ending was kind of stupid but then I remembered he had only been away from Cersei for four episodes. Because it had been a year in real time I had it in my head that he turned his back on her a long time ago, so it was sad to see him go back to her, but that's not really the case. It was four episodes.

Still not the most satisfying ending, but that realization made me think it was less stupid than I initially thought lol

3 hours ago, knapton said:

If Bran doesnt do anything next episode then he has the stupidest character in all of TV. So sick of seeing that stupid little shit do nothing every episode

Well all the theories / spoilers point to him taking the throne. God knows how or why we get to that point ??‍♂️