Sign in to follow this  
bradsonemanband

I remastered their early demos

54 minutes ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

Yes RIP best site ever. Ill have to check if I downloaded those. That's pretty cool it was you who uploaded them

same daveyjones. i'm actually the source of the first mp3s of all three tapes to appear on the internet at all. back in 2003 in 192k on a BT tracker called demonoid (again, rest in peace).

• Like 2

On 1/16/2019 at 9:52 AM, Ghost said:

Sorry, mate. Appreciate the  effort, but they sound disgracefully bad. Too much hiss accentuated by your tweaking. Too much middle range boost?

You came to this thread with this turd, not me. Everyone has said they sound good, but you.

So let's see what you've got champion.

4 minutes ago, Ghent said:

You came to this thread with this turd, not me. Everyone has said they sound good, but you.

So let's see what you've got champion.

Go ahead Ghent. You only talk to me to mock the things I say without prove anything wrong. So, yeah, I'm generous and Im bringing you the chance to prove me wrong. Remeember: pick any case or thing I've said in the past about sound treatment, even this thread, but use actual and real facts to do it. I've spoken about boosting middle ranges and accentuating hiss -cutting bass to, if you like-, and how, to me, that sounds bad or, well, let's put it this way: "not that good". Now is your turn.

You have my support. Go and take advantage of this chance, champion!!!!

Saying they sound disgracefully bad is a bit harsh isn't it @Ghost ? I dont believe you/anyone can make them sound much better then they are anyway. I don't see a point in remastering them but hey, some people enjoyed the effort and that is all that matters.

6 hours ago, daveyjones said:

same daveyjones. i'm actually the source of the first mp3s of all three tapes to appear on the internet at all. back in 2003 in 192k on a BT tracker called demonoid (again, rest in peace).

Send me those lossless rips and I’ll remaster them for all of us 

• Like 1

Good job! Listened to these a few times last night and had more fun than I've ever had with these demos.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 1/18/2019 at 11:35 PM, Ghent said:

You sound like Oliver right now.

Still not proving me wrong, mate. I'm generous. You have until 2050 to do it. If so, I'll take back what you prove.

On 1/18/2019 at 11:39 PM, Neal said:

Saying they sound disgracefully bad is a bit harsh isn't it @Ghost ? I dont believe you/anyone can make them sound much better then they are anyway. I don't see a point in remastering them but hey, some people enjoyed the effort and that is all that matters.

Yeah, you're right, and I admit that. And I talked to him via DM to apologize. Again, although I was harsh using that word, he reacted with much more elegance and class than anyone else, or those who were not adressed by my post but got offended as hell. And again: I appreciate his effort, but I still have the same opinion, which, to be fair, is just that, a personal and irrelevant opinion, as the thousands of opinions that we write in this boards. That's something some people here doesn't understand yet.

44 minutes ago, bradsonemanband said:

I'm going through Demo #2 and having another pass at remastering it. It's sounding a lot better than my original remaster! I've reduced the tape hiss quite a bit.

Round 2 of Demo #2:
https://remasteredblinkdemos.bandcamp.com/album/demo-2-remastered

Let me know what you think

Can you make Dude Ranch not sound like muddy, muffled dog shit? I'd appreciate that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

unpopular opinion (maybe) but The Mark Tom and Travis Show has better versions of Dude Ranch songs than Dude Ranch does.

Anyway, I need to check this out. I haven't listened to Flyswatter in 13 years probably.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

unpopular opinion (maybe) but The Mark Tom and Travis Show has better versions of Dude Ranch songs than Dude Ranch does.

Anyway, I need to check this out. I haven't listened to Flyswatter in 13 years probably.

I fiddled around with Dude Ranch and made it sound more crisp and less muddy. I also took off the silly bits at the end of some of the songs. PM me and I’ll send you a link.  

On 1/18/2019 at 3:48 PM, daveyjones said:

i'm not trying be all braggy braggy. this person is new and i'm offering.

and yes, i did rip them myself. the FLACs used to live on what.cd (rest in peace).

Hey is it still possible to get the lossless rips of all three demos? I only have what's been on the Internet for years....