When I Was Young

Heart's All Gone

Kaleidoscope

Ghost on the Dancefloor

Natives

Honorable Mentions: Disaster, Snake Charmer, and Home is Such a Lonely Place

1 hour ago, Margie Whipple's Rage said:

FTG? MH?! PLG!?! Ew, Kay!

Fighting The Gravity is one of the best things Mark has ever written. I don't mind MH, it's got some funky lyrics. the song would be great if the chorus wasnt so wank and the guitars sounded better. PLG I am fully aware is total shit but I like it anyway. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Played Love is Dangerous like 5 times yesterday.  Think it honestly is the most underrated Blink song on here.  The actual repetition of "love is dangerous! Love is so dangerous!' isn't the greatest.  But everything else is legit a perfect Blink song.  Those Mark backing parts, the guitar...fkn top tier.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, NJansaid said:

Played Love is Dangerous like 5 times yesterday.  Think it honestly is the most underrated Blink song on here.  The actual repetition of "love is dangerous! Love is so dangerous!' isn't the greatest.  But everything else is legit a perfect Blink song.  Those Mark backing parts, the guitar...fkn top tier.

It's definitely a good song. Just has it's flaws. The chorus actually sounds great. The melody is great. The way the whole song sounds is great. Just the lyrics in that chorus is bad and some verse lyrics could probably be a bit better too. The only thing I truly hate about the song is the bridge. It's just boring. Well I don't hate the bridge, I just hate it in this song. The rest of Neighborhoods has the same issues with it's boring and predictable bridges and by the time it gets to this song you think something about it needs to change. That's how I feel about the song anyway and how I feel about most songs from that album but that's Neighborhoods for you haha.

Natives has the same issue for me. That song is fucking superb until the bridge and the song just gets boring. That bridge is just ringing out power chords or octave chords whilst Travis goes apeshit on the drums. Just repeating what GOTDF did. Wishing Well had the same problem in the bridge of that too.

• Like 1

Okay these aren't in order but I think these are my 10 favorites (this was actually really hard and I probably forgot some that I like more than these)

Bored to Death

Cynical

Disaster

After Midnight

Fighting the Gravity

Pretty Little female

Home is Such a Lonely Place

Dogs Eating Dogs

Natives

Snake Charmer

1 hour ago, Nosferatu said:

It's definitely a good song. Just has it's flaws. The chorus actually sounds great. The melody is great. The way the whole song sounds is great. Just the lyrics in that chorus is bad and some verse lyrics could probably be a bit better too. The only thing I truly hate about the song is the bridge. It's just boring. Well I don't hate the bridge, I just hate it in this song. The rest of Neighborhoods has the same issues with it's boring and predictable bridges and by the time it gets to this song you think something about it needs to change. That's how I feel about the song anyway and how I feel about most songs from that album but that's Neighborhoods for you haha.

Natives has the same issue for me. That song is fucking superb until the bridge and the song just gets boring. That bridge is just ringing out power chords or octave chords whilst Travis goes apeshit on the drums. Just repeating what GOTDF did. Wishing Well had the same problem in the bridge of that too.

I respect that but personally like the simple bridges.  Ppl hate the Wishing Well bridge but it might be my favorite part of the album...they just seem natural to me and atmospheric, but I get why people find them boring.  It was refresshing to have a vocal bridge on Bored to Death but then before you know it, it becomes a formula and every damn song has a vocal bridge and I appreciate the neghborhoods ones more.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NJansaid said:

I respect that but personally like the simple bridges.  Ppl hate the Wishing Well bridge but it might be my favorite part of the album...they just seem natural to me and atmospheric, but I get why people find them boring.  It was refresshing to have a vocal bridge on Bored to Death but then before you know it, it becomes a formula and every damn song has a vocal bridge and I appreciate the neghborhoods ones more.

Yeah, I can definitely appreciate the Neighborhoods bridges a bit more. California went overboard with vocal bridges and ruined them with all the woahs and gang vocals haha. At least Neighborhoods the bridges kinda stay consistent with the songs despite them being a bit boring for me. I just wish blink put their improvised shit from the live stuff into the Neighborhoods stuff. Wishing Well and After Midnight had great improvised parts.