Simple Creatures New Song!

Ghent

Hmm.

It's weird that he'd do a side project from modern blink that is basically just modern blink with a better vocalist. if this was on California I wouldn't have noticed, has all the check points - annoying na na nas, obnoxiously poppy, incredibly meh lyrics, repetitive. has all the hallmarks, apart from that signature recycled Adams Song riff. 

What's annoying is it's actually not as bad as most of California. I don't like it, I'll never choose to listen to it as it's really not my thing (the chorus especially) but it's not the worst thing I've ever heard? the melody has some interesting moments? I kind of like the gritty synth parts in places. like it's very effects heavy but considering the song it actually makes sense.

like nah, it's not for me, Mark is capable of much much better and it depresses me to no end that this is now what he's reduced to but, hey.... at least it's not She's Out Of Her Mind or Sober *shrugs* 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I wouldn't be surprised if this song was an outtake from the new blink session that was deemed too poppy or whatever. Mark and him probably had discussed a project before and made it work

I highly doubt that. Once you go Sober, you can't go back. 

• Haha 2

Listened to the first minute of this song and turned it off. I thought blink couldn't do worse than Sober but they topped that with ultimate trash like Parking Lot, Don't Mean Anything and Wildfire. Now Mark has actually took it further with this awful song. I laughed as soon as I heard the nananas. They're getting ridiculously comical now.

As for the guy from All Time Low being a better fit for blink than Skiba. No way. That guy can fuck off from blink. Rather have Nicki Minaj over him.

• Like 3

This is SO god damn bad. Worse than California, much worse than that song they made with Steve Aoki which is a closer comparison style-wise. The only positive I can spin is that maybe all those instagram pics with pop songwriters were actually from this project. Obviously Mark wants to follow FOB and Panic in their transition from alternative/pop/punk to ear-splittingly obnoxious radio pop, good luck to him I guess. Hopefully the new Blink album doesn't push further into this direction too.

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Fucking hell I actually quite like it apart from the annoying ‘nanana’s’ 

If that was a blink song though I’d be gutted. But its not Blink so it’s alright. 

I still think Mark is embarrassing. Jesus mate you’re 40+. 

And wtf is simple creatures?? Where the fuck did this come from? Have people known this was happening or has it dropped out of nowhere? 

• Like 3

Just now, Scott. said:

Fucking hell I actually quite like it apart from the annoying ‘nanana’s’ 

If that was a blink song though I’d be gutted. But its not Blink so it’s alright. 

I still think Mark is embarrassing. Jesus mate you’re 40+. 

And wtf is simple creatures?? Where the fuck did this come from? Have people known this was happening or has it dropped out of nowhere? 

40 is the new 17!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ...Dan... said:

All Time Low make/have made better music than this.

They are also better at making modern pop punk music than blink are. 

California is a poor mans 'So Wrong, It's Right' 

Mate they’ve have gone to absolute shit but their first couple of releases are fucking excellent. I fail to see how any blink fan wouldn’t like ‘put up or shut up’, ‘the party scene’ or ‘so wrong, it’s right’ genuine fucking pop punk gold

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Was produced by Zakk Cervini, wonder how Feldy feels about Mark cheating on him? 

lol, it couldn't be clearer that Feldy was involved in this song. It's so Feldy it couldn't be used by blink

29 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

en-akademisk-kvart-fanfiction-english-la

I don't think you understand fan fic. I prefaced my comment with "I wouldn't be surprised." Makes clear that it is just a theory, not wildly tossing around something as fact like you monkeys in this section

Here we go: https://www.kerrang.com/the-news/mark-hoppus-and-alex-gaskarth-announce-new-band-simple-creatures/

The pair have also just released the debut Simple Creatures single called Drug, which was written with friend and producer Zakk Cervini who has previously worked with both bands as well as Yungblud and 5 Seconds Of Summer.

I guess Gaskarth is not in a better songwriting place than Hoppus...