Simple Creatures New Song!

Ghent

42 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Remember in the Neighborhoods era when they had that scripted answer in every interview about how Tom was the stadium rock and lasers guy, Travis was the hip hop guy who can do anything, and Mark was the indie rock guy?

giphy.gif

Lol remember the radio interview (I think in Australia?) where the radio DJs thought the Neighborhoods album title was a joke? And then Mark explained how it was serious, with the explanation you just posted. The DJs promptly went on to the next question without really giving a fuck, lol.

33 minutes ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

Lol remember the radio interview (I think in Australia?) where the radio DJs thought the Neighborhoods album title was a joke? And then Mark explained how it was serious, with the explanation you just posted. The DJs promptly went on to the next question without really giving a fuck, lol.

Haha I actually like the album title and the explanation but I never bought the specifics they came up with as their example. Mark is an "indie rock guy"? Nah, that seemed far fetched at the time and is laughable now.

I don't think they are identical but it's similar enough that once someone pointed it out I will never unhear it. I doubt it was intentional, but the point is it's dumb, unnecessary, and at this point a running joke in Mark's comments. He is 100% aware so I don't know why he keeps adding them, especially since we can't blame Feldy on this one. If he is so desperate to remain popular/relevant as many portray, you would think he would listen to this criticism and cut that crap out.

I actually kinda dig the song after several more listens, but when the first thing you hear are NANANANAs in Kidz Bop fashion, it's just such a bummer. Still sounds like a 21 Pilots rip-off IMO.