Simple Creatures New Song!

Ghent

19 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Sounds better than nothing to me. I'm glad blink came back and made new music, even if it wasn't as good as the old music. I'm sure I'd feel the same about +44 or BCR.

Dunno, I'd rather +44 have come back in 2015 rather than blink continuing when Tom left. Without Feldman as a producer and all too. No blink would've been fine with me looking back at it but to be honest +44 was just as blink-182 as blink are now under Skiba. There's really no difference. The only difference is the name. In fact I think +44 was more blink-182 than this current manufactured version of blink-182. There's just way too much input from producers and other songwriters in blink now for me to consider it real blink-182. +44 would've at least been closer to real blink-182 than this version of blink.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nosferatu said:

Dunno, I'd rather +44 have come back in 2015 rather than blink continuing when Tom left. Without Feldman as a producer and all too. No blink would've been fine with me looking back at it but to be honest +44 was just as blink-182 as blink are now under Skiba. There's really no difference. The only difference is the name. In fact I think +44 was more blink-182 than this current manufactured version of blink-182. There's just way too much input from producers and other songwriters in blink now for me to consider it real blink-182. +44 would've at least been closer to real blink-182 than this version of blink.

I feel you on this, I bet a new +44 album or a new Mark/Travis/Matt band with a new name would've been better off. It would have come without the self-inflicted expectations of What Blink 182 Is Supposed To Be. That has driven Mark and Feldy this entire new era. It's the reason they took steps backward to wannabe teenage lyrics and slicker-than-ever pop punk after leaving that behind years ago, it's the reason they are hiring pop producers/writers, it's the reason they are gearing their sound more and more toward a goal of having massive radio hits and the reason Mark is now in a project blatantly attempting obnoxious radio pop. They think that for Blink 182 to be Blink 182, they have to recreate 2001 Blink 182's success in a wildly different time and without everything that made that time period perfect for Blink to be massive. And it's not a natural fit in my opinion.

Without all that pressure they put on themselves to recreate What Blink 182 Is Supposed To Be, and without the overwhelming thirst of Mark and Feldy driving their musical decisions, they could've ended up with a pretty cool +44 followup or a fresh start as a new band with Skiba. As it is, they're drowning creatively in their attempts to chase 2019 pop success just because, in their minds, the name Blink 182 needs to mean pop success. For some reason that thought has overtaken the sometimes-goofy but real sincerity, creativity, weird mischief, the stuff that ACTUALLY made Blink 182 Blink 182 to most of us.

• Like 2

Plus 44 isn't coming back, its been 14 years ... a decade since the cancelled second album and their hiatus. Besides, its like BCR ... even if it did come back ... the main songwriter isn't the same musician or person anymore. It wouldn't be the same music. 

• Like 3

Still is kinda weird to me that Mark is in a new band and actively promoting it, especially while super deep into new Blink. 

I guess with Skiba in Alk3, and Trav in countless side gigs, he just had some time to explore. 

Kinda funny that Feldy hasn’t mentioned the new band or promoted it at all...I bet he’s butthurt Mark went through Zakk on this. 

6 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Still is kinda weird to me that Mark is in a new band and actively promoting it, especially while super deep into new Blink. 

I guess with Skiba in Alk3, and Trav in countless side gigs, he just had some time to explore. 

Kinda funny that Feldy hasn’t mentioned the new band or promoted it at all...I bet he’s butthurt Mark went through Zakk on this. 

Fuck what feldy thinks.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, knapton said:

This song really isnt that bad.  Could fit on my local "rock" station easily.  Sounds like everything else out there.

My local 'rock' station still plays Nikki Minaj - Super Bass..

No but really they play the same Imagine Dragons song and Twenty One Pilots every 5 songs, my jaw would drop if they ever played a song like this. 

On 1/26/2019 at 12:00 AM, Champ182 said:

I feel you on this, I bet a new +44 album or a new Mark/Travis/Matt band with a new name would've been better off. It would have come without the self-inflicted expectations of What Blink 182 Is Supposed To Be. That has driven Mark and Feldy this entire new era. It's the reason they took steps backward to wannabe teenage lyrics and slicker-than-ever pop punk after leaving that behind years ago, it's the reason they are hiring pop producers/writers, it's the reason they are gearing their sound more and more toward a goal of having massive radio hits and the reason Mark is now in a project blatantly attempting obnoxious radio pop. They think that for Blink 182 to be Blink 182, they have to recreate 2001 Blink 182's success in a wildly different time and without everything that made that time period perfect for Blink to be massive. And it's not a natural fit in my opinion.

Without all that pressure they put on themselves to recreate What Blink 182 Is Supposed To Be, and without the overwhelming thirst of Mark and Feldy driving their musical decisions, they could've ended up with a pretty cool +44 followup or a fresh start as a new band with Skiba. As it is, they're drowning creatively in their attempts to chase 2019 pop success just because, in their minds, the name Blink 182 needs to mean pop success. For some reason that thought has overtaken the sometimes-goofy but real sincerity, creativity, weird mischief, the stuff that ACTUALLY made Blink 182 Blink 182 to most of us.

It could be the opposite. If it didn't have the blink name they could go full on pop. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NJansaid said:

My local 'rock' station still plays Nikki Minaj - Super Bass..

No but really they play the same Imagine Dragons song and Twenty One Pilots every 5 songs, my jaw would drop if they ever played a song like this. 

This sounds just like 21 pilots but with a bit of an edge. Would not sound out of place on a station that plays Imagine Dragons and 21 Pilots. Which is what mine plays

• Like 2