Simple Creatures New Song!

Ghent

29 minutes ago, NJansaid said:

Why? His vocals sound way better and contrast better than shitba.  I never listen to ATL but that chorus seriously sounds better than any Matt part.

He's an inferior musician in every imaginable way. 

Although, the way this band is headed, he might actually be a member in 5 years

9 minutes ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

He's an inferior musician in every imaginable way. 

Although, the way this band is headed, he might actually be a member in 5 years

Please elaborate how Skiba is superior IN BLINK.  Is it the yelling & screaming? The way he nails the whoas? Or the guitar parts he doesn't write and lyrics he doesn't care about.

I'm just saying, this Drug song alone brings more to the table than Skiba has outside maybe Last Train Home

• Haha 1

mark says in that interview that they worked with numerous songwriters for this project. all time low has probably had other people write their songs for the majority of their career.

at least skiba didn't fall in to that category until joining this band. it's clear he wanted to contribute but mark wouldn't let him. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kevin. said:

mark says in that interview that they worked with numerous songwriters for this project. all time low has probably had other people write their songs for the majority of their career.

at least skiba didn't fall in to that category until joining this band. it's clear he wanted to contribute but mark wouldn't let him. 

Whoa.

Fan fic?

I'm not saying it isn't true, but I don't think it was all Mark, and I remember Feldy saying they threw Kings of the Weekend in there mainly because Matt basically didn't come up with any good guitar parts.  

20 minutes ago, Kay said:

Not really fan fic when alk3 released an album last year with no other songwriters and Matt knocked it out of the park.

Matt isn't the problem. 

A bit of an exaggeration, I'd say a base hit, maybe double.  He clearly was more comfortable and more genuine of an artist, guitar playing still is something he'll never be good at.  Whether Mark or Feldy or Matt is disallowing him to write anything in Blink, he still isn't that great of a fit imo.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NJansaid said:

A bit of an exaggeration, I'd say a base hit, maybe double.  He clearly was more comfortable and more genuine of an artist, guitar playing still is something he'll never be good at.  Whether Mark or Feldy or Matt is disallowing him to write anything in Blink, he still isn't that great of a fit imo.

Is this All Time Low prick suddenly a master guitar player? Was Tom secretly a virtuoso and no one told me? 

Skiba is a way better songwriter than any dude from ATL. Never cared much about his guitar playing ability. It's punk rock though. Sure, I'd like a few actual riffs now and then, but even with Tom, later blink songs started having less of those lead guitar riffs anyway. I've really tried to listen to ATL before. Even their early shit which seems to be loved. But I can't get into them. They're all trash to me. They don't have that edge that I like in a pop punk band. Blink always had a bit more edge than these shitty modern pop punk bands. Hell, even some AVA songs have more edge.

Alkaline Trio & the Sekrets are far better bands. Skiba is a far better songwriter. The dude from ATL being in blink would be awful. Yeah, it'd be interesting but it'd be so fucking bad at the same time. That shit show Drug song was awful as hell. Makes Sober look like some legendary song written by Bono or Freddie Mercury, and I thought Sober was bad. Nicki Minaj being in blink would be interesting but it'd be so bad. Seriously, I'd rather have Nicki Minaj in bloody blink than the guy from All Time Low. Skiba fits in blink IMO but blink have not been using him right. He's playing a yes man role. He's playing the role of what David Kennedy and Matt do for AVA. He should be taking charge the way he does with Trio and until that happens, no one can judge him being a fit for blink or not IMO.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Scott. said:

edge ffs ? are you 14? No pop punk band has an edge. They’re all sell outs 

Not saying they have an edge. But blink, Offspring, AFI, Green Day and Sum 41 have slight more edge to them than All Time Low. Can't see ATL coming up with BCR style songs or songs like Hearts All Gone, Stockholm Syndrome, Obvious & Easy Target. Can't see Skiba coming up with them kinda songs either but Alkaline Trio also have more edge to them than ATL.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

Skiba is a way better songwriter than any dude from ATL. Never cared much about his guitar playing ability. It's punk rock though. Sure, I'd like a few actual riffs now and then, but even with Tom, later blink songs started having less of those lead guitar riffs anyway. I've really tried to listen to ATL before. Even their early shit which seems to be loved. But I can't get into them. They're all trash to me. They don't have that edge that I like in a pop punk band. Blink always had a bit more edge than these shitty modern pop punk bands. Hell, even some AVA songs have more edge.

Alkaline Trio & the Sekrets are far better bands. Skiba is a far better songwriter. The dude from ATL being in blink would be awful. Yeah, it'd be interesting but it'd be so fucking bad at the same time. That shit show Drug song was awful as hell. Makes Sober look like some legendary song written by Bono or Freddie Mercury, and I thought Sober was bad. Nicki Minaj being in blink would be interesting but it'd be so bad. Seriously, I'd rather have Nicki Minaj in bloody blink than the guy from All Time Low. Skiba fits in blink IMO but blink have not been using him right. He's playing a yes man role. He's playing the role of what David Kennedy and Matt do for AVA. He should be taking charge the way he does with Trio and until that happens, no one can judge him being a fit for blink or not IMO.

Calm down.. Speedo might cream himself reading about all that edge..

But I disagree with the top part, even if Tom wasn't writing lead riffs as much, he was still writing way way better guitar parts than anything on California.  By FAR.

Why should we care about what he did in Alkaline Trio? It's about what he's doing in now in blink, where he's not a good song writer or guitar player.  I don't like All Time Low at all, but I'm just going off the vocals in that Drug song, which I find more appealing in the chorus at least than anything Matt does in blink, which is yell and whoa.  

Maybe if he let Matt do his thing you're right, but they aren't going to it seems pretty clear.

2 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Skibas a GOD, he should kick Mark out of Blink.

I dread to think how awful Cali could’ve been without him, he knocked it out of the park considering the ghostwriting role Mark/Feldy cast him into. 

Matt was the worst part of California.  I think he had one good bridge in No Future, Last Train was a good, TOTTM was good, Bored To Death was good but sounds like Mark.

Mark's bass and occasional normal vocals were the only consistent good thing in California.  It really was that bad.