Simple Creatures New Song!

Ghent

Been playing it all day, like it more and more every listen. The little guitar parts and bass are pretty dope, for some reason I got a Bottom of The Ocean vibe here and there, wonder if that song came late in the DLX process and had Mark on this kinda weird creative path which morphed into this project right afterwards.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kay said:

Genuinely wondering if Mark was gutted California didn't break out as some pop hit and is doing this instead because he's desperate to be mainstream again. 

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7431229/blink-182-california-drake-views-no-1-on-billboard-200-albums-chart

California and bored to death both hit number 1 lol. Whilst im not a big fan of the album it was undeniably a huge success for the band breaking back onto radio

55 minutes ago, dildo69er said:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7431229/blink-182-california-drake-views-no-1-on-billboard-200-albums-chart

California and bored to death both hit number 1 lol. Whilst im not a big fan of the album it was undeniably a huge success for the band breaking back onto radio

I didn't mean by sales, I meant by 'mainstream' success, as in as popular as they were during Enemas cycle - all over radio, TV, and the current mediums. 

This Strange Love song is ok. Doesn't do it for me. Just forgettable but it's not something I'd skip if I heard it. Now & then might decide to check it out for a listen or two but that's all. Better than the awful Drug song. But Mark is still capable of so much more. Best parts are the verses. They're vintage Mark IMO. Chorus is just some ATL electronic crap but it's not bad in this song.

4 hours ago, Loudernow said:

Mark's style in Simple Creatures fits him way better than the silly octopus shirts he wears all the time. Don't get me wrong, I like his brand, but he looks way better and "adult" in a plain black shirt and jacket. 

He'd look okay in whatever shirt if he'd cut that stupid looking hair.

• Like 2