Simple Creatures New Song!

Ghent

https://www.altpress.com/features/mark-hoppus-alex-gaskarth-simple-creatures-interview/

GASKARTH: The most exciting thing about “Drug” is it feels like a big middle finger. It’s just brash and trashy and sultry and gross and sludgy and weird. It felt like it married our backgrounds—coming up from pop punk and punk rock and the mindset of that—with these new trashy sensibilities we were starting to craft. I loved that it felt brash and abrasive. The “na na”s became the cheerleader of the whole group. That choir of “na na”s was our middle finger to what everyone would expect. It was, “Hello, fuck you. We get to do what we want.” [Laughs.]

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Champ182 said:

https://www.altpress.com/features/mark-hoppus-alex-gaskarth-simple-creatures-interview/

GASKARTH: The most exciting thing about “Drug” is it feels like a big middle finger. It’s just brash and trashy and sultry and gross and sludgy and weird. It felt like it married our backgrounds—coming up from pop punk and punk rock and the mindset of that—with these new trashy sensibilities we were starting to craft. I loved that it felt brash and abrasive. The “na na”s became the cheerleader of the whole group. That choir of “na na”s was our middle finger to what everyone would expect. It was, “Hello, fuck you. We get to do what we want.” [Laughs.]

giphy.gif

How rebel, Alex, how rebel. Uuuuh.

6 hours ago, Champ182 said:

giphy.gif

Obviously that's why Feldy uses the nana's too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OliversAPilotNow said:

Got tickets for SF for $35 after fees. They ended up selling out in a couple minutes. VIP was an additional $80 for a meet and greet which I passed on.

Lucky! it would be cool if they ended up doing a bigger tour at some small venues, i'd like to see that

2 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Only a few weeks away, jealous! Will be interesting to see how long their set is...given that only 6 songs will be on that EP releasing a few days after your show.

True but they do have the second EP recorded too so I assume they'll play a few tracks from that alongside a "Trash-pop" cover of the Cure or something... or they'll do a horrible electronic version of Whats My Age Again... 

On 3/13/2019 at 11:54 AM, OliversAPilotNow said:

Got tickets for SF for $35 after fees. They ended up selling out in a couple minutes. VIP was an additional $80 for a meet and greet which I passed on.

Got tickets for SF too, went vip. Should be interesting. Hopefully they play at least one blink song seeing how atl used to cover them

• Like 2