Simple Creatures New Song!

Ghent

8 minutes ago, Ghent said:

This isn't true. I get that you can be a fan of a band and dislike an album, totally understand. I have bands i like with albums I dislike.

It's the incessant complaining and talking about it that I don't understand. It seems people enjoy disliking things in the modern world. This isn't the only band/franchise that is experiencing fanhoods with issues like this. Can't wrap my head around how it is enjoyable to constantly complain about something you are a fan of.

I think it's just because we all know that there was so much more potential there and we feel like it's all being squandered.

• Like 1

Just now, darkarrow said:

I think it's just because we all know that there was so much more potential there and we feel like it's all being squandered.

For me, the potential was squandered from 2005-2015.

What we are getting now is just bonus material from a shitty situation

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

California supporters...aka "fans"

We’re all fans of the band for certain eras at the very least, hence the distinction. Just because you don’t eat up everything they release and criticize the band based on valid reasons, doesn’t mean you’re not a “fan”.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ghent said:

For me, the potential was squandered from 2005-2015.

What we are getting now is just bonus material from a shitty situation

That was squandered too for sure, but I had high hopes for Blink with Skiba, unfortunately it just doesn't even look like Skiba has an influence at all. So far at least.

• Sad 1

I can't remember many people complaining about blink-182 around the 05-09 period simply because there was no blink at all to even talk about. It was more +44 against AVA on who was the better band from what I remember.

It was positive around 09 until the summer of 2010 when it became obvious Tom was holding the band back during the reunion. People complained more and more then. Then Neighborhoods shut us all up for a good couple of months until we realised blink barely talked about that album. Then there was just barely any news of blink outside of tours until the DED EP. There was so much silence around the band back then. None of us had a clue what was going on.

One positive about the band now is that we hear more about blink. They're open about new material and not really delaying shit anymore. Was annoying as hell when we didn't hear fuck all about blink from 09-14. They were meant to be releasing a 7th album with Tom for like 3 years and it was just always silence and delays.

• Like 2

Wow. I just listened to the entire EP on Spotify. This kind of music is not my cup of tea and it makes me think of “songs you would hear in an urban outfitters” but those are undeniably some good pop songs!

Such a shame that Mark isn't singing on Adrenaline because that song is perfect for him. 

• Like 1

I’ve been revisiting How to Live. It’s a pretty chill pop song that sounds like it could be played while nightdriving. Only complaints is that I sometimes don’t understand what Gaskarth is saying and that it’s repetitive (it’s pop so it gets a pass).

I really like how near the end of the song, Mark’s lower vocals are upfront while his higher vocals are in the background. I hope they do that with the new blink album, his higher voice is starting to give due to age but he still retains his somber deep voice. I think it suits him more.