Simple Creatures New Song!

Ghent

46 minutes ago, NJansaid said:

Mark totally needs to keep doing these side projects, he sounds like where he should be poppy or not.  Couldn't help but smirk at some of this goofy Mark shit.  

1. Adrenaline

2. Strange Love

3. How To Live

4. Drug

5. Lucy

6. Ether

Ditto with the order.

13 hours ago, M!ke said:

Did I sound like I believed you were bullying?  Did you even read my post mentioning bullying.  I said if that is what you were trying to do, it was pitiful.  Not that I believe that was what you were trying to do, I'd expect better from most people on this site if they were trying to actually bully.

It got 7 laughing reactions and a like, evidence that it was a crowd pleaser. 

Lighten up mate, everything is always so serious with you. 

Wow this ep is fucking brilliant ? I love it. 

Lucy is fucking outstanding, groovy as fuck. 

Why did they choose to release Drug first? Easily the worst in the ep. I still like it though. 

@2point5 serious night driver vibes pal. 

Gaskarth fucking kills it ?

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

4 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

How to live has grown on me already. This is a great little EP.

You gotta give songs a chance man.

who are these people who listen to something once and dismiss it ? fucking cranks. Desperate to dislike it. Not talking about you btw pal just people in general

21 minutes ago, Scott. said:

You gotta give songs a chance man.

who are these people who listen to something once and dismiss it ? fucking cranks. Desperate to dislike it. Not talking about you btw pal just people in general

Well to be fair my first post was after my first listen and I hated it then so I posted how I felt.

now though.

ive listened to this ep about 8 times this arvo whilst I got drunker and drunker, told my missus I’m gonna pump to the beat of strange love next time we bang which she’s into btw.( she joined in about listen number 4)

great songs 

31 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Wow this ep is fucking brilliant ? I love it. 

Lucy is fucking outstanding, groovy as fuck. 

Why did they choose to release Drug first? Easily the worst in the ep. I still like it though. 

@2point5 serious night driver vibes pal. 

Gaskarth fucking kills it ?

I've been getting massive Night Driver vibes too, glad I'm not the only one 

To be honest I am actually a little surprised.

When I listened (once each) to the released tracks I was really quite 'eh' about them but I think thats because I had the lyric videos and whatever to accompany them and I didn't listen to any of them with headphones. gave the EP a spin on the way into work this morning and it's better than I initially thought.

It's still not my type of music, never been one for straight up pop or electronic heavy music (except for the Radio Mirror Park radio station on GTA V for some reason) but this didn't really bother me.

My main gripe is the ATL dude. nothing wrong with his voice per say, it just doesn't stand out. I've always liked singers where you straight up *know* it's them in their music because their voices are iconic and distinctive in their own ways. This guy could be anyone vocally and that just doesn't grip me. that is however completely personal feelings and has nothing to do with talent or the songs themselves.

I can't really see me listening to this much but I think it's miles ahead of California and I'm happy Mark can still be creative in some space, even if for some reason that space isn't with blink. 

• Like 4

Can't get into Lucy but it isn't the mess I was expecting it to be when I heard a 30 second clip. The Naked + Famous do that sound way better IMO. I always like hearing Mark's vocals throughout this EP though. I think Esther is good and Adrenaline is ok. Strange Love is an ok song but forgettable. Drug is still awful as hell though.

After hearing Esther, I can't help but imagine Tom using his AVA ideas like Kiss With a Spell in blink. Fuck that guy. Blink could've been something else entirely. I'd enjoy this EP more if I heard more Mark more vocals. I like hearing Mark when he's up front and taking charge. This EP still sounds way too much like recent ATL songs for my liking. I notice that I tend to like all the Mark's parts but hate the parts with the Alex dude.

1. Esther - best by far for me

2. Adrenaline - decent but don't like the song as a whole, the very first 5 seconds remind me of that Hallucinations remix Mark did

3. Strange Love - i don't mind this track but it's not something that sticks in my head

4. Lucy - was expecting this to be the worst after hearing clips but didn't turn out so bad, just can't get into it but Mark's parts are good

5. How to Live - not for me this song, very close to being awful for me if it wasn't for some of Mark's vocal parts.

6. Drug - just don't like this song at all, awful for me.

34 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

Can't get into Lucy but it isn't the mess I was expecting it to be when I heard a 30 second clip. The Naked + Famous do that sound way better IMO. I always like hearing Mark's vocals throughout this EP though. I think Esther is good and Adrenaline is ok. Strange Love is an ok song but forgettable. Drug is still awful as hell though.

After hearing Esther, I can't help but imagine Tom using his AVA ideas like Kiss With a Spell in blink. Fuck that guy. Blink could've been something else entirely. I'd enjoy this EP more if I heard more Mark more vocals. I like hearing Mark when he's up front and taking charge. This EP still sounds way too much like recent ATL songs for my liking. I notice that I tend to like all the Mark's parts but hate the parts with the Alex dude.

1. Esther - best by far for me

2. Adrenaline - decent but don't like the song as a whole, the very first 5 seconds remind me of that Hallucinations remix Mark did

3. Strange Love - i don't mind this track but it's not something that sticks in my head

4. Lucy - was expecting this to be the worst after hearing clips but didn't turn out so bad, just can't get into it but Mark's parts are good

5. How to Live - not for me this song, very close to being awful for me if it wasn't for some of Mark's vocal parts.

6. Drug - just don't like this song at all, awful for me.

Ether*

• Like 1

Drug - I don't understand the hate for this one, I actually like the song a lot, the melody is fun and the chorus hits well. It reminds me of a New Politics song. The last 13 seconds or so are unnecessary but fun song and I don't mind the "na's".

Strange Love - Mark's verse reminds me of that Orgy song ... Stitches, I think ... I don't know, the songs catchy but the verse and chorus don't sound cohesive to me. It sounds like they just stuck two similar songs together. It's okay enough.

How To Live - oooh, the groover ... they've got snapping ... there isn't really much to say about this one, it isn't very good. The backing guitar sounds like Fighting the Gravity/that instrumental +44 song and thats cool, I guess.

Adrenaline - I remember liking this more than Strange Love and I guess that's still true, the song feels better composed and cohesive but it's not as good as I remember. 

Ether - I don't know how I feel about this one ... I really like the verses and prechorus but the chorus isn't good and Mark's chorus sounds garbled, the enunciation is messy. This song is boring the fuck out of me so ... skip.

Lucy - Starts strong ... I was always a sucker for a strong snare and vocal combo. Protip: don't leave the handgun, take the cash and the gun ... you'll get caught if you leave it. Mark would get raped in prison. Hard. I like Mark's bridge though, and the song isn't bad ... most of the songs are slow burners and this one is one of the better of them.

I didn't really hear Mark trying to rap, it was just a rapid vocal melody, more sing-songy than rap.

Overall it isn't bad but it's definitely not my style of music and for that I'll probably not revisit it much if at all. I am, however, happy to see that so many of you are enjoying it. I'm always gonna be a Tom guy but it's nice to see Mark get a win from the diehards for a change. I've never listened to ATL, I have no interest in doing so but as far as this Alex guy goes I think he's got talent. Now, he could definitely use some refining ... and there were some times it was difficult to tell him and Mark apart vocally ... but I'm curious as to how this project will develop. It will probably never be something I love but it'll always be something I'll check out and maybe I'll find a gem or two here and there.