Simple Creatures New Song!

Ghent

3 hours ago, Elisa said:

Final verdict:

Other than “Lucy”, I was struck by how much the whole thing sounds fresh for being a standard pop EP.
The vocals deliveries surprised me because I can't stand ATL but Gaskarth's voice isn't annyoing at all here.
The textures in the recording really stuck with me too. And for once I am glad that Mark isn't trying too hard to make all the lyrics rhyme, you can comfortably read some of these lyrics aloud and not feel like an idiot. 
But it's not for me. I dig it, it's fine and I've been listening to it for the last two days but I'm not going to save it on Spotify or return to the record at all. I really think these are good songs, and, if you like the genre, I can see why everyone likes them so much. I will definitely listen to the other songs that they will release and I gotta say I feel a little better about the new blink stuffs too now, but Simple Creatures just isn't my cup of tea.

I think Mark should have saved the Adrenaline intro for blink though.

Odd duck.

54 minutes ago, Smalls said:

Odd duck.

Hey, I can't listen to something once or twice and trash it, I'm weird when it comes to music but I'm used to give everything a chance. So I listened to it a few times yesterday and once this morning and then I decided how I felt about it. It's not something I like but I can appreciate things if they're well done, even though they're not for me.

12 minutes ago, Elisa said:

Hey, I can't listen to something once or twice and trash it, I'm weird when it comes to music but I'm used to give everything a chance. So I listened to it a few times yesterday and once this morning and then I decided how I felt about it. It's not something I like but I can appreciate things if they're well done, even though they're not for me.

Gotcha. Just seemed like you liked it a lot haha. Hell, I just think it’s “meh” and I saved it on my phone lol.

• Like 1

"Trash Pop" is the cringiest self-description I've ever heard in my life, my God. It's pop and this is absolutely awful. Couldn't imagine anyone listening to this over the age of 16. Wonder if Maroon5 is going to be featured on the next blink album the way Mark is rolling in his 40s.

1 hour ago, Mau5 said:

"Trash Pop" is the cringiest self-description I've ever heard in my life, my God. It's pop and this is absolutely awful. Couldn't imagine anyone listening to this over the age of 16. Wonder if Maroon5 is going to be featured on the next blink album the way Mark is rolling in his 40s.

You listen to a bloke nearly 40 who wears a mouse mask. I’d pipe down if I was you 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Wow 3

2 hours ago, Smalls said:

Gotcha. Just seemed like you liked it a lot haha. Hell, I just think it’s “meh” and I saved it on my phone lol.

It's all good, I just didn't want to sound bad while dismissing it just because everything wore off after a couple of listens to me. I can see why people like it. 

2 hours ago, Mau5 said:

I'm 28 and i absolutely love this ep! fuckin' kill me over it mate

6 minutes ago, NJansaid said:

Gaskarth is like Mark's little brother or even like his child, I like the chemistry.  Him and Skiba just don't work, at all.  

Agreed. I fucking hate Skiba in blink. The more I think about it the more I think it’s an absolute disgrace blink have continued without Tom. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Being in blink now makes no sense

It's a dead animal kicked in the face

I like that Mark is doing something else but Simple Creatures is not enough. (I do like this EP tho)

They should've taken a hiatus when Tom left, and then stated that they started a new band Mark/Travis/Skiba.

Or just Mark and Travis doing a second +44 record and ring up shane and craig or atleast 1 of them. 

Or... Mark and Travis should've started something new or a collab with friends from the scene

26 minutes ago, jordidanen95 said:

Being in blink now makes no sense

It's a dead animal kicked in the face

I like that Mark is doing something else but Simple Creatures is not enough. (I do like this EP tho)

They should've taken a hiatus when Tom left, and then stated that they started a new band Mark/Travis/Skiba.

Or just Mark and Travis doing a second +44 record and ring up shane and craig or atleast 1 of them. 

Or... Mark and Travis should've started something new or a collab with friends from the scene

It’s become pretty obvious that they’re only using the Blink name to get more money.

• Like 1

After hearing that Mark can actually make good music and seeing his attitude towards this band in that interview, it really is clear Blink shouldve died with Tom. Would be much happier with Mark continuing with this over Blink

• Love 1

Fuck, SC even has better looking merch than blink https://store.simplecreaturesmusic.com/ i'm digging the hoodies and the t-shirts, especially the "vhs glitch" shirts. they feel relevant in design and very fitting with the kind of music they play. For real, whoever the fuck has been designing blink's merch for the last 10 years needs to get his ass fired, just look at it:122385.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, knapton said:

After hearing that Mark can actually make good music and seeing his attitude towards this band in that interview, it really is clear Blink shouldve died with Tom. Would be much happier with Mark continuing with this over Blink

Me too but let’s wait till the next blink album first, you never know they may completely shock us and put out something brilliant. Doubt it though. 

1 hour ago, asdf182 said:

Fuck, SC even has better looking merch than blink https://store.simplecreaturesmusic.com/ i'm digging the hoodies and the t-shirts, especially the "vhs glitch" shirts. they feel relevant in design and very fitting with the kind of music they play. For real, whoever the fuck has been designing blink's merch for the last 10 years needs to get his ass fired, just look at it:122385.jpg

I wouldn’t be seen dead in that. Ok I’m 30 so it’s not really aimed at me but still. It’s a mess. 

• Like 3