Simple Creatures New Song!

Ghent

Ether is a pretty fucking good song to be honest. I still stand by the opinion that Drug is trash and still don't see the big deal of Lucy. Think I prefer Drug over Lucy. Lucy sounds like a poor mans Naked + Famous to me. As for the other tracks, I notice that I tend to like the verses but never keen on the chorus parts. But Mark's part before the last chorus of Lucy is pretty good. Think it's just Ether that I'll forever be in love with.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

I actually like GTDS as well and often spin my vinyl LOL:

OHQK3er.jpg

Still waiting on his next solo album which he said was "done other than a verse from Kendrick" over 2 years ago, and the Antemasque album...

Yes but is it better than BCR, AVA, Simple Creatures and +44? That's the point I was trying to make.

I'm afraid we'll never hear that Antemasque album...

Anyone see the latest videos the band posted in their instagram story? Them basically "dj'ing" songs, no instruments and singing along. There was Adrenaline, some Blink songs, ATL song, taking back sunday. Seemed strange

7 hours ago, knapton said:

Anyone see the latest videos the band posted in their instagram story? Them basically "dj'ing" songs, no instruments and singing along. There was Adrenaline, some Blink songs, ATL song, taking back sunday. Seemed strange

They had a random DJ gig in London, one time thing I think. Cool to see they did Blink but it would’ve been a bit weird seeing Mark hop around by himself for an hour.

3 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

They had a random DJ gig in London, one time thing I think. Cool to see they did Blink but it would’ve been a bit weird seeing Mark hop around by himself for an hour.

So it wasnt like a scheduled Simple Creatures show?

was definitely a little cringey hearing marks shitty live voice singing over the album recording. 

Ive listened like four songs, i only liked Lucy so far.

Mmmm if blink would release these same songs under current line-up i don´t think they would get that much praise. Im starting to think that maybe if California I & II were made under other name (say Cereal Killers for example) they wouldn´t get as much hate as they have.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, raw_sounds said:

Mmmm if blink would release these same songs under current line-up i don´t think they would get that much praise. Im starting to think that maybe if California I & II were made under other name (say Cereal Killers for example) they wouldn´t get as much hate as they have.

That's a big part of it for me, yes. I really only like a Left Alone and Hey I'm Sorry, and would probably listen to those 2 songs more if they weren't on Cali. That said, blink w/Skiba would still be pretty far at the bottom of the side project list for me. When +44 crushes new-blink, you got a problem. I'd hate for Simple Creatures to be blink songs but think that ATL guy would be a better singer than Skiba.

11 hours ago, raw_sounds said:

Yes that’s what everyone’s been saying for years. No one cares Mark likes to make that music, just don’t call it blink.

As for simple creatures, I’m more excited for more than I am new blink. It’s more creative than California and the synth stuff aligns with how my music taste evolved in college. I hated it at first, but then it clicked one day.

• 3 weeks later...