Simple Creatures New Song!

Ghent

This song is terrible. Really liked the ep, but won’t come around to this one. Bridge is great quality, hate the rest.

I still prefer mark going all out with this stuff since it’s the music he wants to write rather than try to force into blink through some weird blend. It feels more natural here even if I don’t like this one.

• Like 1

Fuck it, I like it. Verses are cool and the bridge is awesome when Mark comes in with the harmonies. Chorus is catchy as fuck but in an annoying way but I may warm up to it. Not a bad effort, really excited for the sound they’re going for. 

Anybody else think that Mark’s lyrics are more natural and overall better quality than in recent blink music?

I don't like the song, but it does make me positive for their future.  It was something new again.  I do like it better than Drug actually, that bridge is dandy.

The 'obnoxious' guitars are actually kinda catchy.  The post chorus is kinda cool and a throwback. The only major gripe is the chorus "I just wanna feel GOOD! Wanna feel SPECIAL!" eh part sucks.

• Love 1

I prefer old Simple Creatures. Just feel in the past 2 months they’ve deviated so far from their roots. This must be how it felt for Davey going from being a huge fan in the beginning days of Buddha to then feeling like he’d lost his band with Untitled. It’s the exact same thing. 

I kid, of course. New songs decent. It’ll grow on me for sure. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

It's super fresh, banger. Hope they play somewhere near me this fall, would love to see them in a small environment. I do think Mark's SC lyrics are super genuine.

"On your hands and your knees
Do you feel in charge?
Crawling back to who you were
"

Also love Gaskarth's "I got two houses and a hungry hungry ego" line lol.