Simple Creatures New Song!

Ghent

fhttps://www.kerrang.com/features/simple-creatures-why-alex-gaskarth-and-mark-hoppus-are-joining-forces/

never read this interview. The first paragraph is very interesting

The blink-182 founder, frontman and pop-punk trailblazer had been on the road for the best part of two years in support of his three-piece’s 2016 album, California. According to Mark, the tour was “an amazing success, more than we had hoped for.” But a heavy mood seemed to weigh on his shoulders afterwards. Today, he has no way of locating its trigger. “I fell into this depression,” he says. “I got to a really dark place where even my wife was pulling me aside and saying, ‘Are you okay? What’s going on?’ I couldn’t find my way out of it.

Maybe the Cali era wasnt so good to Mark after all. I have to feel theres a connection there and maybe he doesnt want to admit it.

Or he just misses Tom

• Like 1

On 6/18/2019 at 8:44 PM, knapton said:

fhttps://www.kerrang.com/features/simple-creatures-why-alex-gaskarth-and-mark-hoppus-are-joining-forces/

never read this interview. The first paragraph is very interesting

The blink-182 founder, frontman and pop-punk trailblazer had been on the road for the best part of two years in support of his three-piece’s 2016 album, California. According to Mark, the tour was “an amazing success, more than we had hoped for.” But a heavy mood seemed to weigh on his shoulders afterwards. Today, he has no way of locating its trigger. “I fell into this depression,” he says. “I got to a really dark place where even my wife was pulling me aside and saying, ‘Are you okay? What’s going on?’ I couldn’t find my way out of it.

Maybe the Cali era wasnt so good to Mark after all. I have to feel theres a connection there and maybe he doesnt want to admit it.

Or he just misses Tom

Or growing old and missing the way things were when he was in his 30s at the rise of fame and more simpler life in the 90s and 00s is getting him down

• 1 month later...
On 8/5/2019 at 4:31 PM, jordidanen95 said:

I don't care when its coming out, as long as ''One Little Lie'' is on EP2

It def is, along with "NVM", "Thanks, I Hate It" (which Mark told us was his favorite SC song, and was in response to how people felt about EP1), and I believe "Special"... 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

new EP is on youtube music.

wow. "NVM" is better than anything on california. why can't mark write this shit with blink?

I knew it was going to be great after hearing the live version. Mark seems so much more free in this band. Maybe it's the chemistry with Alex or maybe he doesn't feel pressured to write to an audience.

• Like 3

The only problem is there are 3 weird frankenstein sounding songs, while the other 3 are really pop.

I miss something like Strange Love / Adrenaline on this ep, or something weird but with a better balance like Lucy

One Little Lie is still the best and most catchy song on the EP tho. Would love a video for that one