Ghent

Simple Creatures New Song!

13 minutes ago, Margie Whipple's Rage said:

Its working very well for you though, congratulations! 

it's a win /win situation for me, really

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

I honestly haven't studied pics of you, but I do remember the shots of you and AVA from 2008, and then the one of you and Blink in like 2016 and I couldn't believe it was the same person to be honest.

Who cares really but I figured if you were going to say I look older than a 47 year old guy, it was fair game.

Oh, that blink pic that I have never posted on the boards but you apparently studied on my Facebook? lol

31 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

I'm 31 and literally no people I know of a similar age look as old as Mark, you have some haggered looking friends!

I'm not saying Mark looks old for his age in saying that, he looks about right/a little younger than the standard 47 year old, just needs to trim that stupid spike. 

Didn't say they were my friends, but I do know people from my class who are already completely bald and half grayed. It's pretty crazy

4 hours ago, Margie Whipple's Rage said:

Its the sacrifice the rest of us make to keep from rubbing semen on our face. Its working very well for you though, congratulations! 

Piss is suppose to be good for your skin.

Just now, Margie Whipple's Rage said:

You pee on your female's back?

I lose control sometimes

Dang my eyes hurt after reading that, but I like this part which confirms what most people here have speculated:

Mark believes that pop punk is as healthy as ever. “People wanted to hear songs from California as much as they wanted to hear songs from EOTS/Dude Ranch/TOYPAJ. Somehow blink was totally revitalized in 2016 and 2017 and we’re like a brand new band again. It’s great. I think, honestly it’s because we went back to everything blink-182 was, for us. When we recorded California, we did a whole lot of soul-searching: what is blink-182? We took it all back to the very beginning and wrote the 2016 version of EOTS.”

I don't see it as the 2016 version of Enema. I see it as the blink-182 version of modern pop punk. Outside of like 4 songs blink didn't sound like blink. It was more like blink trying to sound like bands that are in turn trying to sound like them.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Nosferatu said:

I don't see it as the 2016 version of Enema. I see it as the blink-182 version of modern pop punk. Outside of like 4 songs blink didn't sound like blink. It was more like blink trying to sound like bands that are in turn trying to sound like them.

Like some sort of shit paradox.

• Like 1

2016 Enema of the State is the most delusional thing I've ever heard.

Enema state was groundbreaking at the time lol.  He could have gotten away with Toypaj comparison (as a stretch) that's about it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ry-Bread said:

Dang my eyes hurt after reading that, but I like this part which confirms what most people here have speculated:

Mark believes that pop punk is as healthy as ever. “People wanted to hear songs from California as much as they wanted to hear songs from EOTS/Dude Ranch/TOYPAJ. Somehow blink was totally revitalized in 2016 and 2017 and we’re like a brand new band again. It’s great. I think, honestly it’s because we went back to everything blink-182 was, for us. When we recorded California, we did a whole lot of soul-searching: what is blink-182? We took it all back to the very beginning and wrote the 2016 version of EOTS.”

Jesus fucking Christ. There’s no hope. He’s too far gone. It’s over people. Deluded.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I think the comparison to Enema and TOYPAJ is fair. That's why I've always felt California was a step backwards. blink trying to be what they used to be, instead of being what they had grown into over the years.

The Only Thing That Matters could easily have been a track on Enema I think.

• Like 2

Was curious about the reception youtube, mostly seems to be ATL fans loving it, but this comment made me giggle shamefully - 

"Adam’s Song doesn’t make me wanna kill myself.. but this does. Please tell Mark this is all his fault."

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I'm still listening to this song, good stuff. Can't wait for the next one

• Like 1