Your fave bad movies

Kay

7 hours ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

Does Kung Fury count? Tricercop was maybe the GOAT. 

Nah man, there's nothing bad about Kung Fury, that shit is excellent. 

8 hours ago, NJansaid said:

Have you listened to the audiobook by Greg Sestero?

Seriously might be even better. Just how big of a dick he was to everyone is ridiculous.  Yes I've seen Disaster Artist.

I've heard of the book, haven't read it, but I've watched a lot of youtube stuff about The Room in general so I know some of it. Haven't seen The Disaster Artist yet.

11 hours ago, boxelder said:

austin powers in goldmember is funny as fuck. it's like the whole creative team didn't really care and knew it was gonna make money, so it's honestly just strung together bullshit (moreso than the other films), and even some parts feel like a weird deconstruction of the franchise. in a very odd way i have always found it wildly funny

I remember seeing in theatres and it was packed. Everybody was losing their shit over every little thing. Watching it on DVD later was like watching a different movie.

the begining is still good. basically a glorified MTV awards skit.

• Like 1

a lot of the standards...

Troll 2

The Room

Anaconda

Deep Blue Sea

The Wicker Man

I think Showgirls is legit a masterpiece. Roadhouse is another I think is actually pretty great. Independence Day is kind of bad in a good way.

I have more of a liking to movies like Pootie Tang and Josie and the Pussycats that are considered "bad" but are actually pretty great.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, _Kyle_ said:

a lot of the standards...

Troll 2

The Room

Anaconda

Deep Blue Sea

The Wicker Man

I think Showgirls is legit a masterpiece. Roadhouse is another I think is actually pretty great. Independence Day is kind of bad in a good way.

I have more of a liking to movies like Pootie Tang and Josie and the Pussycats that are considered "bad" but are actually pretty great.

FUCK YEEEEEEEEEEEEAH. I love that stupid ass film. and the songs. I bought the fucking soundtrack. 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Kay said:

FUCK YEEEEEEEEEEEEAH. I love that stupid ass film. and the songs. I bought the fucking soundtrack. 

Rachael Leigh Cook is the only kink, fetish, sexual obsession I will ever have; she is my holy grail and the fact that I will never have her means every day I have to find a new excuse to keep living.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, NJansaid said:

1. Samurai Cop

2. The Room

3. *insert any cheaply made horror movie*

4. Snakes on a Plane 

5. Tremors

I went through an obsession of these a while ago.  I also remember debating Patient (I think) on why intelligent people enjoy shitty movies. There's articles on it.

this is a great list.  This is almost my favorite "genre" of movie lol, way too many for me to make a list.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, NJansaid said:

1. Samurai Cop

2. The Room

3. *insert any cheaply made horror movie*

4. Snakes on a Plane 

5. Tremors

I went through an obsession of these a while ago.  I also remember debating Patient (I think) on why intelligent people enjoy shitty movies. There's articles on it.

Tremors is a legitimately good movie. In fact, I’ve read that classes use the script as an example of no wasted dialogue / scenes. Everything is relevant to the story. 

The absoulte worst movie I’ve ever seen, and I love it to death, is House of the Dead. 

4 hours ago, OliversAPilotNow said:

Tremors is a legitimately good movie. In fact, I’ve read that classes use the script as an example of no wasted dialogue / scenes. Everything is relevant to the story. 

The absoulte worst movie I’ve ever seen, and I love it to death, is House of the Dead. 

I love Tremors. It's still a cheesy movie about monsters coming out of the ground.