jimmy eat world's clarity turned 20 today

daveyjones

9 hours ago, daveyjones said:

still one of the best albums the emo genre has ever produced.

https://www.stereogum.com/2032965/jimmy-eat-world-clarity-turns-20/franchises/the-anniversary/

fucking adore this record. Goodbye Sky Harbour opened my goddamn mind musically. Start to finish it's a beautiful album.

• Like 2

Happy birthday to one of the best albums there is. Goodbye Sky Harbor still leaves me either smiling from the beautiful sounds or emotionally wrecked from the hard-hitting lyrics. And this is why I love 90s emo music. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Elisa said:

Happy birthday to one of the best albums there is. Goodbye Sky Harbor still leaves me either smiling from the beautiful sounds or emotionally wrecked from the hard-hitting lyrics. And this is why I love 90s emo music. 

The overlaying vocals at the end... fucking eargasm. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

20 hours ago, darkarrow said:

On a Sunday is amazing. Table for Glasses too. I can’t get into to much else they’ve done but that album is great.

My fave next to this is Futures. It's not the same but I love that album. It's what first got me into JEW

Fantastic album. I used to listen to it all the time at work. I'd listen to it when I was studying or doing homework because it was chill enough to not be too distracting. I love everything about this album.

Have you guys heard the new(ish) acoustic version of 12.23.95? Also fantastic:

And I've been in love with this version of For Me This Is Heaven for a long time now:

For any ska fans out there, a band called The Holophonics did an entire ska/reggae  version of this album, and I think it's actually pretty awesome:

https://theholophonics.bandcamp.com/album/maskarades-vol-12-jimmy-eat-world-clarity

Wanted some music on during work today, decided to throw this on because of the recent anniversary. I always forget how much I adore 'Blister' until it comes on. Hot damn. 

• Love 1

On 3/6/2019 at 3:34 AM, Kay said:

Wanted some music on during work today, decided to throw this on because of the recent anniversary. I always forget how much I adore 'Blister' until it comes on. Hot damn. 

That song is one of the main reasons I became a Jimmy Eat World fan. It's really hard for me to pick a favorite track off this album, but that might be it.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Elisa said:

And when the "don't try and stop me because I'm falling fast" background vocals come in... oh maaan

But Elisa -

How long would it take me to walk across the United states, all alone?

• 4 months later...