Favorite Nick Cage performance?

Jan Backing Track

Fucking love this guy. He belongs on b182online tbh.

What's your favorite performance by him? Funny, sad, serious, whatever choice.

It's really hard for me to go against Wickerman it was just so goddamn funny and how much he canned it in at the end.  But then you have his actual good roles like Con Air or surprisers like Kick Ass.

• Like 1

But when the offer came to star in Jurassic Park, Dern recalls one person in particular who thought she should head to Isla Nublar: Her Wild at Heart costar Nicolas Cage. They were discussing their upcoming projects, Dern explains. “I said, ‘Well,’ Steven Spielberg offered me a movie.’ And he said, ‘What. Movie.’ I started to describe it, and he says, ‘Wait. You get to do a movie where dinosaurs are your costars?! How do I get on that movie? Who can I pay to be part of that movie? Those are the costars I’ve always wanted!'”

“I remember telling Steven I had to do the movie,” Dern (who’ll be seen next in Wilson, in theaters Friday) laughs now, “Because Nic told me he’s always wanted dinosaurs to be his costars.”

• Like 1

I think he gets major props for Adaptation, anytime a single person plays twins, and plays them well enough where I'm convinced that they're 2 different people, then that means they are succeeding as an actor.

But then there is The Rock, and holy shit do I need to watch that movie again, it's been well over a decade.  All I remember is it being my overall favorite Cage film, and definitely Michael Bay's best film by a longshot.

1 hour ago, M!ke said:

I think he gets major props for Adaptation, anytime a single person plays twins, and plays them well enough where I'm convinced that they're 2 different people, then that means they are succeeding as an actor.

Have you seen any episodes of Orphan Black? It's kind of a meh show overall, but Tatiana Maslany plays a bunch of different clones and does it super well.