new BR finally announced with release date, tracklist, and new single

daveyjones

38 minutes ago, NJansaid said:

I eat at the same restaurant and meals every week, but I don't like repetitive bands.

Not sure where I fit now. Any help?

doesn't your mood vary? you eat the same meal every week?

Can’t wait for this, there are no two better punk songwriters than Graffin  and Gurewitz. 

Bad Religion have refined their sound considerably since the early days (when it comes to remaining in the punk genre anyway), and I think Brooks Wackerman was a big part of that, so I’m interested to see what the new guy brings to the table. There’s very few bands where you can listen to ten random seconds of music and know it can be no one else.

Im also so fucking happy that the god awful “Kids are Alt-Right” isn’t on the album. 

On 2/28/2019 at 8:12 AM, Neal said:

well the beatles changed their sound more in ten years than BR did their whole career, but let's just agree to disagree here. i have a feeling that you're heavily biased when it comes to bad religion which is totally fine. i have bands i do the same with

Br changed their sound more in ten years than they did the rest of their career. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It’s a lot slower overall than I was expecting, given the first three tracks released. It’ll probably grow on me, but it’s a little bland. I haven’t dug too deep into the lyrics as yet though.

Lose Your Head, The Paranoid Style and Chaos From Within are the highlights for me. 

I think it's great! There's some cool  borderline power pop on this record, glad to hear they're still taking risks so far into their career while mixing it all with their old school sound. Some songs sound like they could be straight out of The Empire Strikes First. And their commentary on America is ?
I've seen that some people don't like this album but I really do, even though I'm skipping the songs Big Black Dog, Downfall and Since Now when I'm listening to it.
Best track: Age of Unreason. 

23 hours ago, Ghost said:

HEy, @daveyjones, did you had the opportunity to have a listen to it? I really love it. Sounds pretty diverse, and there are a few gems in there.

hiya @Ghost i got the preorder download this past friday and i've given it a few spins.

my first impression is that age of unreason is a grower not a shower. i think i will become more fond of it in time, as i did with dissent of man and no substance. there are some standout tracks for sure (i'm loving "candidate" and i hope it goes on to be a radio single... could be their biggest since "infected" or "sorrow") but there are also some sloppy (i'm blaming brett) tracks that sound like new america outtakes.

the drumming is the biggest disappointment. i really miss brooks. even when he was working at a gallop pace, he always had interesting fills and complicated parts interspersed. the drumming on age of unreason is a kind of a BR drum machine on autopilot (sort of every time bobby would get bored). a real shame.

i also (oddly) think graffin's vox are too high in the mix.

but just first impressions...

12 hours ago, daveyjones said:

hiya @Ghost i got the preorder download this past friday and i've given it a few spins.

my first impression is that age of unreason is a grower not a shower. i think i will become more fond of it in time, as i did with dissent of man and no substance. there are some standout tracks for sure (i'm loving "candidate" and i hope it goes on to be a radio single... could be their biggest since "infected" or "sorrow") but there are also some sloppy (i'm blaming brett) tracks that sound like new america outtakes.

the drumming is the biggest disappointment. i really miss brooks. even when he was working at a gallop pace, he always had interesting fills and complicated parts interspersed. the drumming on age of unreason is a kind of a BR drum machine on autopilot (sort of every time bobby would get bored). a real shame.

i also (oddly) think graffin's vox are too high in the mix.

but just first impressions...

Pretty much my impressions. I like the album, but I agree with you. Spot on on the vocals opinion, it's weird how noticeable Greg's voice has been put on the mix, yeah.

14 hours ago, daveyjones said:

Brooks was an amazing addition to the band and definitely reinvigorated the songs, so it took me a couple of shows to adapt to Jamie's drumming but I think he has brought the sound to the older Pete/Bobby songs back to how it is supposed to sound, as well as being able to play Brooks' songs too. So in short, I think he's a cool drummer if you let go of Brooks and his style definitely fits the new album.