Stranger Things Season 3

Knapppers

3 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Overall I agree, season 2 did not recapture the magic of season 1, and that one godawful episode where Eleven goes to New York or whatever was terrible, and I hope to God they abandon that plotline entirely.  I still found joy to be had in season 2, but it was nothing close to as great as season 1.

Yeah, I mean it wasn't awful (excluded the attempt at the 3rd rate x-men nonsense). I didn't hate it but I found myself looking up how many episode I had left to go and looking forward to it being done. I got a lot of work done while watching it.

Right, I'll definitely be checking out season 3, I did still like the second season, just not nearly as much as the first.  But I dunno, it feels like season 1 was a passion project, they had a really well planned out story they wanted to tell for quite some time that I kinda imagine Charlie in the mail room with bits of string connecting everything to make it work:

UaLpJOK.jpg

except you know, competently. 

And sure they left season 1 open ended in a way that could indicate that more could come, but I definitely don't believe they had a firm idea of what a season 2 would be about until they were actually greenlit for a second season.  This means at most, they might have had a year to put season 2 together, while I suspect season 1 was an idea being played around with by the creators for considerably more time.  And I think in a lot of ways that really shows in season 2.

• 3 months later...
2 minutes ago, Elisa said:

I started it last night, it's still great and I still Iove the parents (Hopper, Joyce and Steve) and Dustin. 

It's better than season two so far (3 episodes in), the girl-time montage was a bit silly but still better than the edge gang shitshow from last season. I hate Dustin though ... hated him from episode 1 and always will.

14 minutes ago, Alan Rickman said:

I'm 2 episodes in. That Mrs. Wheeler is right out of every teenage fantasy I ever had. 

I need to rewatch episode 2 because I kept falling asleep. 

Would fucking annihilate her  

• Love 1

Finished it last night. I liked it! Probably more than season 2 but obviously not as much as season 1. This season felt almost like the traditional "action sequel" to a horror movie, like Aliens and Terminator 2. It felt the least scary of the three seasons (not that any of them were scary really, but this felt like it had the least horror influence) and I kind of missed the spookier feel of the other ones. Maybe it wasn't even different and I'm just remembering wrong but it felt different to me. No Upside Down this time which was kinda weird, but I didn't really miss it that much either. I'm sure it'll come back next time.

Also that one big Russian dude reminded me of the Terminator the whole time.

Can't wait to see what happens next. I heard season 4 will be the last one but I don't know if that's true or not. I kinda just want to watch season 1 again because that can't be topped I don't think.

• Like 1

my friends and i watched it all in one go on the fourth of july. i enjoyed it and think it's better than season two, but season one still reigns supreme. i genuinely don't think they'll ever top it.

i have my issues with season three and don't think it's amazing tv--entertaining tv, yes--but i do like it for what it is. i also miss the horror and dislike the more action movie spin.

• Like 2

Finished it tonight. I enjoyed it but I think season 2 was better.  I binged all 3 seasons this week and it goes Season 1 then 2 then 3. Season 1 is really something special.

Hoppers character really annoyed me this season. He just kinda seemed like a whiny bitch the whole time. But god damn if I didnt have a tear in my eye in that speech at the end. I know it wasnt, but that ending was series finale quality. Im happy they used that song again at the end

Spoiler

Also fuck joyce for moving her kids away in a time like that.  also who do we think the american is in the post credits scene thats locked up in the jail? Im hoping Hopper somehow

• Like 1

3 hours ago, knapton said:

Finished it tonight. I enjoyed it but I think season 2 was better.  I binged all 3 seasons this week and it goes Season 1 then 2 then 3. Season 1 is really something special.

Hoppers character really annoyed me this season. He just kinda seemed like a whiny bitch the whole time. But god damn if I didnt have a tear in my eye in that speech at the end. I know it wasnt, but that ending was series finale quality. Im happy they used that song again at the end

Hide contents

Also fuck joyce for moving her kids away in a time like that.  also who do we think the american is in the post credits scene thats locked up in the jail? Im hoping Hopper somehow

as for that spoiler

that's what I was hoping too. I feel like he's gonna come back. Maybe because he was right by the gate he could have gone to the upside down or something.

8 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

as for that spoiler

Hide contents

that's what I was hoping too. I feel like he's gonna come back. Maybe because he was right by the gate he could have gone to the upside down or something.

Spoiler

I read that he was right near some stairs and looked towards the gate right before he died. All signs point to him running through the gate. Also, the russians always refered to him as "the american" so theres that too.

5 hours ago, knapton said:
  Hide contents

I read that he was right near some stairs and looked towards the gate right before he died. All signs point to him running through the gate. Also, the russians always refered to him as "the american" so theres that too.

Yeah, I also feel like if he died they would have showed him die. This show is always showing gruesome deaths, so the fact that we specifically did NOT see him die makes me think he somehow survived.

Finished it last night. 

For me, I thought this season was the best (slightly above Season 1).

I thought the story was so brilliantly put together and the final episode was an absolutely incredible piece of art.

But - I think they should leave it there, it was such a poetic, beautiful ending that I was disappointed that they set up for another season.